Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Very Bad RV Wreck in Oregon
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Very Bad RV Wreck in Oregon

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That wasn't just a roof peel
The RV was sliced In half diagonally

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sure wouldn't be paying to take it to the dump. Part it out and recover some of your money + the car. My family been in the towing business for almost 70 years and if you have a deal with the police you sometimes get stuck and that was a LARGE tow bill but if all that equipment he had was his he is doing ok. You win some you lose some. I can't imagine even driving my DP without insurance + Good Sam, Coach Net, or something.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is something disturbing watching someone do a close up film/narrate of an accident while someone is still trapped in the vehicle.

Kevin

RedRollingRoadblock

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Executive wrote:

RedRollingRoadblock wrote:

Not that it makes much difference of the results but a couple of questions arise about the where of the crash.

"It took the Ilwaco Fire Department over an hour"... From Ilwaco it is at least a 30 minute drive to anyplace in Oregon and that includes a 5 mile drive across the Astoria–Megler Bridge.

/snip/

It didn't take the FD an hour to get there; it took them an hour to dig the passenger out of the debris. Re-read the comment....Dennis

The point I was making was that the Ilwaco FD would have been highly unlikely to be called into Oregon. I worded it very poorly.

navigator2346

texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

................ I can't imagine even driving my DP without insurance + Good Sam, Coach Net, or something.

If you read your contract with your roadside towing company,Good Sam or CoachNet, you will find that they will not tow a wrecked vehicle

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/19 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RedRollingRoadblock wrote:

Not that it makes much difference of the results but a couple of questions arise about the where of the crash.

"It took the Ilwaco Fire Department over an hour"... From Ilwaco it is at least a 30 minute drive to anyplace in Oregon and that includes a 5 mile drive across the Astoria–Megler Bridge.

Some of the comments in the comments section seem to come from the towing company that is located in Ocean Park, WA. Oregon State Police isn't likely to have them on the call list unless it was an extreme emergency.

And the poster that said "Most roads in Oregon have no guard rails;" must be a transplant. I am an Oregon native for 67 years and driven a vast majority of the roads in the state and have seen many miles of guardrails.

I don't doubt you've seen many miles of guardrails, but the standard is no guard rails on the majority of roads throughout the State.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

doxiemom11

Yoakum Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/19 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very sad that they had stopped for the night at a Walmart and were made to leave because no parking allowed. That is why the driver was out there at night and sleepy. Had probably already been driving all day. Had no money for a tow, probably had no money for a campground "if" they could even find one.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/19 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2346 read what I said insurance + Good Sam, Coach Net, etc. and I have already been towed from an accident. Someone paid, not me.

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/19 02:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So now it's Walmarts fault

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/19 04:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That one will not buff out.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Very Bad RV Wreck in Oregon
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.