Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I hope I'm done!!!

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
at least for the night.
So far today I have killed 124 Asian Beetles and 2 Stink Bugs.
Scalded them to death.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.
12 REPLIES 12

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about asian but I used one of these for stink bug in a rental and it was very effective.
Kevin

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
In our case of stick bugs and box elder bugs a vacuum would be a band aid approach as we didn't have just a few.... we had millions of them coming in like a blizzard in the fall. It's a literal bug storm, like snow.

I finally invested in a bug bazooka fogger that makes a cloud of spray the size of the house. Blasted them 3 times during the bug storm, we finally won the battle. It so wonderful to finally be rid of them for two years now.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I use Ortho Home Defense get it at Home despot, not to kill but to create areas where I do not want ants, spiders or other bugs, I call that area denial arround the cats food, windows, doors or patio, I spray the area where I feed the cat let it dry and then replace the cat's food dishes, or the patio and furniture does not smell.

navegator

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Shop vac for the win. Quick and easy, and no nasty residues left behind.

If you really have the urge to spray something on them, use bug soap. It's harmless to pets and humans, and it kills them dead.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am still looking for an effective over time pesticide that's not toxic to Alex the furry one (Cat) and I. I have found some that are "Pet/child" friendly but they are short acting (Work too) (Get 'em at places like HOme Depot ECO ) but none that work long term..

The active ingredents are 2.. one is Cinnamon oil.. So in my Bedroom after I swept up I disted the cinnamon colored carpet with the real deal.. Seems to be working as I've not seen them in that room since.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Use the vacuum, then bug spray into the hose. Our problem was ladybugs. About a dozen vacuum bags full. And still find a few dead(we hope) around two years later.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been invaded by both - used the vacuum cleaner/shop vac. They don't all die, so empty any filter outside.
This year it was Argentine ants - thousands of them. That vacuum came in handy again!

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
naturist wrote:
That's doin' it the hard way, IMHO. We just suck 'em up with the shop vac and let 'em die in the filter bag. But whatever works for you.

X2
If you turn up the heat more will come out, trust me.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
3 stink bugs here! In one of the campgrounds, I got a platoon of those itty bitty black ants. And, sometwhere in TN or NC, the stink bugs started.

I have never dealt with stink bugs before, been rving since 1992. First time.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is that what was for dinner?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
They join you in the hot tub?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
That's doin' it the hard way, IMHO. We just suck 'em up with the shop vac and let 'em die in the filter bag. But whatever works for you.