cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GOLDEN ACCESS PASS?

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I am legally blind. My family and I love to camp. I got this Golden Access pass from the USFS quite a few years ago. I do not see an expiration date on this? Does it expire? I have used this pass to get half off camp sites. Due to Columbia Gorge fire two years ago I have not used it. Is it still good?
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
6 REPLIES 6

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
And they are also free for any disabled veteran.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is the pass that is issued to people with disabilities. The passes are free but do require a confirmation letter from a doctor.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Horsedoc wrote:
My wife is wheelchairbound with MS. We didn't know about this for a few years and COE Hq briefed us and issued a pass. We needed a letter/note from her doctor saying it was a permanent condition. We have used it in several national parks.

Are you talking about the Golden Access Pass?

What did the note from the doctor do for you?

Was the pass issued at a reduced rate? (or free)
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife is wheelchairbound with MS. We didn't know about this for a few years and COE Hq briefed us and issued a pass. We needed a letter/note from her doctor saying it was a permanent condition. We have used it in several national parks.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œThe access pass is a lifetime pass, formerly known as the Golden Access Passport, that provides access to recreation areas managed by five federal agencies. It also provides the pass owner a discount on some amenity fees such as camping. The Access Pass is free, and it is valid for the lifetime of the pass owner. Golden Access Passports obtained prior to the 2007 name-change also share this lifetime validity.โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
Does not Expire. Still good.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.