cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long term parking Tampa airport/staying in RV

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Have a zero dark thirty flight out of Tampa Fl airport and will leave the RV there 8 days. Plus will return at zero dark thirty and may feel like taking a nap. The local sleep, park and store are not working out for us.

I took a peak at the long term parking at Tampa on Google earth, they have an over size entrance and see trucks, RV's etc parked in long term storage. I have a small 21 foot vintage Toyota RV.

So the big question, do you see any issues staying in the RV overnight in the parking lot? I did a search and most of the postings were long time ago and nothing specific to Tampa.

I could stay at a few places in the area and then drive to the airport at 3 am, but why not just stay there?? I am not going to call and ask, as I find that with bureaucracy it is difficult to get an answer and for many it is best if they say no.
6 REPLIES 6

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Your right, they made a big fuss over the camp fire in the Wal Mart parking lot : )

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
There's a difference between setting up the BBQ/ running the genny vs having the blinds down for a nap before heading out to the next stop. People are too busy hurrying to get nowhere to worry about what your doing, unless you give them a reason to stare and think. It may sound obvious, but I see more and more that discretion is a learned behavior weather than inherently understood.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
I would just stay in the RV and not worry about it. I have parked many times in the Tampa airport lot and would not have a problem leaving my rv there. I doubt very much if anybody cares whether you are in it or not. Also, I would not ask them. If you cannot stand the answer don't ask the question.
This is just what I would do and am not recommending you do the same. Just follow your gut.
Barney

I'm with you, much better to ask forgiveness than permission. It would be cheaper to drive car and store at off airport parking, but less hassle to stay at long term.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would just stay in the RV and not worry about it. I have parked many times in the Tampa airport lot and would not have a problem leaving my rv there. I doubt very much if anybody cares whether you are in it or not. Also, I would not ask them. If you cannot stand the answer don't ask the question.
This is just what I would do and am not recommending you do the same. Just follow your gut.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do the same thing fairly often. Iโ€™ve tried a bunch of different options.

The one I keep coming back to is, stay at LazyDays and either just leave the unit on a site (for a few days) or move it into storage yard (longer stays) and take a taxi/Uber/Lyft/shuttle to & from the airport.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call the Tampa airport or parking area owners and ask them. I suspect they wouldnโ€™t care, and what they donโ€™t know ....
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT