cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pumpkin Mousse

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Since I can't have sugar anymore, I adapted an old pumpkin chiffon pie recipe into a lovely rich mousse. If you want to go all normal, just change the sugar substitute back to sugar. It's been a huge hit around here for years now.

Pumpkin Mousse

1 15 oz can cooked pumpkin
6 eggs
2 cups powdered monk fruit/erythritol blend
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water

Bring eggs and cream to room temperature. Separate eggs.

Mix the pumpkin, beaten egg yolks, 1 cup monk fruit/erythritol, and cream in a microwave safe 3 quart container. Microwave, stirring occasionally, about ten minutes. Add the salt, spices and butter, and continue to microwave, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is of custard consistency.

While microwaving, dissolve the gelatin in cold water. When pumpkin mix reaches early custard consistency, add the gelatin, stirring it in thoroughly, then set aside to cool.

Beat the egg whites until frothy, then add remaining cup of sweetener and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into the lukewarm pumpkin custard. Place in serving bowl and top with fresh grated nutmeg.

Let cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Store leftovers in refrigerator.

Optional: Make a ginger snap crust and pile mousse into the cooked crust, then refrigerate. Makes a very tall pie.

Note: If you don't need to limit the glucose spike, you can use Splenda or Swerve powdered blend, both of which are more easily available than having to order the Lakanto monk fruit blend.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more
6 REPLIES 6

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Made another one for the Christmas gathering at Tall and Short Friends' place. It was highly popular.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wanderlost wrote:
Since I can't have sugar anymore, I adapted an old pumpkin chiffon pie recipe into a lovely rich mousse. If you want to go all normal, just change the sugar substitute back to sugar. It's been a huge hit around here for years now.

Pumpkin Mousse

1 15 oz can cooked pumpkin
6 eggs
2 cups powdered monk fruit/erythritol blend
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water

Bring eggs and cream to room temperature. Separate eggs.

Mix the pumpkin, beaten egg yolks, 1 cup monk fruit/erythritol, and cream in a microwave safe 3 quart container. Microwave, stirring occasionally, about ten minutes. Add the salt, spices and butter, and continue to microwave, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is of custard consistency.

While microwaving, dissolve the gelatin in cold water. When pumpkin mix reaches early custard consistency, add the gelatin, stirring it in thoroughly, then set aside to cool.

Beat the egg whites until frothy, then add remaining cup of sweetener and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into the lukewarm pumpkin custard. Place in serving bowl and top with fresh grated nutmeg.

Let cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Store leftovers in refrigerator.

Optional: Make a ginger snap crust and pile mousse into the cooked crust, then refrigerate. Makes a very tall pie.

Note: If you don't need to limit the glucose spike, you can use Splenda or Swerve powdered blend, both of which are more easily available than having to order the Lakanto monk fruit blend.

This looks great. Gonna try it.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a recipe I made. I copied it off the internet somewhere. . . It was quite tasty and easy to make.

Health & Human Sciences educator Virginia Aparicio shares an easy fall recipe for pumpkin fluff โ€“ a healthy alternative for pumpkin pie. A 1/2 cup serving of pumpkin fluff is only 54 calories, compared to about 300 calories per slice of pumpkin pie. It can be served with whole grain graham crackers or apple slices.

1 โ€“ 15 oz. can Pure Pumpkin
2 boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (Sugar-free)
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
4 oz. Light Whipped Topping, Thawed
Light Whipped Cream (Optional)
Dash of Cinnamon

Mix pumpkin, vanilla pudding mix, and pumpkin pie spice together. Fold in whipped topping. Top with light whip cream (optional) and a dash of cinnamon. Serve with whole grain graham crackers or apples.
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
Never heard of powdered monk fruit. What is that?

Looks like a replacement for sugar.
monk

I never heard of it either.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of powdered monk fruit. What is that?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
But you can have heavy cream?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman