cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Water Pump

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Who has a good water pump that has better than average psi, gpm’s, and is quiet?

Please post whatever make /model you are happy with.

Thank you all
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us
10 REPLIES 10

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
Thanks to everyone. Yes, your water pump is original to the coach, and we dry camp a lot.

What we have is an ancient Shurflo, and yes, that’s how I found out we had a minor leak, because of the noise

No water pump will be totally quiet, which is fine, and not expected. Just looking for the best gpm, and psi. The quiet, I’m sure with newer technology, anything will be better than what we have

Was just looking for models and brands.
Thinking the new Shurflo 3.5gpm?
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
I don't understand the desire to have an especially quiet pump.

So OP asks for quiet water pump recommendations, and you tell him you don't understand his need for a quiet pump? Thanks so much for sharing.

The OP probably has a pump like the one in my 2003 Jayco. Loudest water pump ever, you could hear it three campsites away, but it was all due to the mounting setup. I rubber mounted the pump and installed a loop of flexible hose on the pressure side.

It could still be heard just enough to alert us to possible leaks.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
I don't understand the desire to have an especially quiet pump.

So OP asks for quiet water pump recommendations, and you tell him you don't understand his need for a quiet pump? Thanks so much for sharing.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am a firm believer that if you carry a new spare pump you will never need it.

Don't know what brand I have but since 2009 it has pumped tens of thousands of gallons issue free. 1800 nights worth at least. We use CG water only to refill the water tank. Yes, the pump can be heard. I like it that way. If there is a leak in the system, never, the cycling of the pump will let me know about it. I don't understand the desire to have an especially quiet pump.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
The aqujet specs good. We have an aquflo spec the same as the aquajet.Can't find their pump now n the internet. Bought ours at RV rally from Amercan Coach for 149.00 Inside the coacih e don't hear it much. Best pups are like in the Prevost and closer to and more expensive ell pumps. They are vane type true pumps not diaphram. Had the tie and a bit younger I would do some measuring,wiring and abilityof50 amp to run it, plus a larger water tank.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I've always been happy with the plain Jane sureflo on/off pumps that have been in my RVs. . BTW, they have a screw to adjust the pressure.I also use an expansion tank. I put a loop in the discharge line and I have that loop suspenders with lightweight rope so it can't hammer against anything. I've wrapped foam around about a dozen places where lines hit floor, wall or anything else. I only hear a very slight rumble when the pump runs and there's never any rattle or thumping. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
AquaJet
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Shurflo Revolution and Seaflo variable, both 3 GPM are rated very well. Others on this forum have recommended them in the past.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
There are many to choose from and yes, mounting is important. But, in the marine world, we found that we did not want a very quiet water pump. That pump is your alarm that a tap is dripping. Many times, while enjoying other in the salon, the pump might run. This means that the owner's jump up an find out why before the potable water gets pumped overboard.

I do really like the new variable speed pumps that deliver at an almost constant pressure. Not enough to buy one yet.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Quiet has a lot to do with how the pump is mounted. Pressure side should have a loop, and have felt washers as well as rubber grommets.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.