cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Laser cane for Parkinson's

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone seen the walking cane with a laser beam to aid placing foot forward for Parkinson's patients when walking
7 REPLIES 7

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Thcatโ€™s good news, Stirling. Iโ€™m so glad to hear that.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

:):)

Thanks. This is a horrible disease with no known cure. Her neurologist was telling us yesterday that there is now evidence that it starts many years before really noticeable symptoms start showing up . Little subtle changes such as your handwriting starts getting messy say 20 years ago.
DW used todo stain glass and was pretty good then she stopped saying she just couldn't do the quality she demanded of herself on the small detailed pieces. That was about 10 years ago.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s good news, Stirling. Iโ€™m so glad to hear that.

Best wishes to you and your wife.

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered her one off Amazon and it arrived yesterday afternoon. I dont know how it works but it works. It stopped her " freezing " when walking right off the bat. It's not a cure for PD but for my DW it's a vast improvement in quality of life. If it changes I'll post down the road.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
That rules us out, Scott.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Probably a bad idea if you have cats :B

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Look on Amazon, there are some there.

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Have not seen one, but should not be hard to rig one with a laser pointer and a bit of tape, maybe a bit of plastic foam for support, shape as need to point laser right, then tape it all together.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.