cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping near Biltmore Estate

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a nice campground near the Biltmore Estate for our 42' class A. Prefer a full hookup. Thanks!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
12 REPLIES 12

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mama Gerties, if you get a site at the top, or Bear Creek.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Bear Creek is the closest to the Biltmore Estate but it lies between the interstate interchange at I-40 and I-240 and I-26. If you dont have a very sound proof RV then you WILL hear road noise all night long. We did. Its a nice campground otherwise.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s not super close but thereโ€™s a tiny park called Red Gate Campground in Hendersonville (or something like that). Cute place and depending on the spot, was pretty spacious.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Our preference in the Asheville area is the Lake Powhatan Recreation Area campground in the Pisgah National Forest. The misnamed Lakeside loop has large paved full hookup sites.

This would be my pick as well. Be sure to visit the NC Arboretum which is right next door.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Our preference in the Asheville area is the Lake Powhatan Recreation Area campground in the Pisgah National Forest. The misnamed Lakeside loop has large paved full hookup sites.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Loved mamma gerties.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Campfire Lodgings and the view from our campsite was spectacular:

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
In the past, we stayed once at Rutledge Lake RV Park which was OK. Then, the next time we stayed at Campfire Lodgings which is a small campground WAY up on top of a ridge. The road on the way up is pretty steep with a very tight turn but doable. We had a 42 ft. coach then and I'm sure I would not feel comfortable taking our 45 footer.

The last several times and most recently, we stayed at the KOA West just off of I-40. It's about 14 miles from the Biltmore Estate. After this recent stay this summer, I had to take it off our list because it is no longer 'big rig friendly'. The trees are not trimmed back which makes it impossible not to scrape your coach on tree branches.

On a side note, if you want a nice place to eat, the RED STAG GRILL at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Biltmore Village across from the entrance is a nice restaurant.

Good luck,
Mark
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
The Ashville KOA is good.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our fav is campfire lodgings, get a premium site. Have heard good things about bear creek.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out RVParky.com . Good stuff!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
AikenRacer wrote:
Looking for a nice campground near the Biltmore Estate for our 42' class A. Prefer a full hookup. Thanks!

We liked Bear Creek - it was closer than the other Ashville campgrounds that we saw - its about 4 miles from the Estate
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks