cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaky Fresh Tank. Need help relocating pump fitting on tank.

Leichardti
Explorer
Explorer
2004 WW

The two freshwater tanks are connected with a pvc pipe that has a drain in the middle.

The front tank has developed a leak somewhere on top where I can't see/feel. I haven't taken the time to drop the tank and search for the leak because the pvc pipe connecting the two tanks has broken off into the first tank. I don't know if I will be able to remove the broken piece or repair the tank to were it is usable again. I added fittings, clams and seals for now but it still drips slowly.

I would like disconnect the two tanks, cap off the rear tank and just run off the rear tank, until I can drop and access the front tank.

The freshwater pump runs to a fitting on the bottom of the first tank. Does anyone know the best way to connect the freshwater pump to the rear tank?

I don't think I can install a bulkhead without access to the inside of the tank.

How about a 1/2" uniseal, pvc fitting and barb that connects to the water pump line?

Any help would be great, thank you for your time.
2004 WW FB2200
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
4 REPLIES 4

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't the crossover pipe have a gate valve in the middle? My 2006 WW FK1900 does.

Remove that valve, buy the appropriate fittings and connect the pump pickup hose.

BTW, my rear tank has had a leak at the top since I bought it in 2006. It was six months old when I got it. I've always figured someone ran a screw or two into the tank.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Leichardti
Explorer
Explorer
I think I will be going with that idea ScottG. The interconnecting pipe has been repaired/modified several times by the previous owner and I, so it's not in the best shape. But I think it will do just find temporarily until I figure out what is going on with the other tank.

Hopefully I can go from 2" ABS to pex/water pump line without too many adapters.

I sold my f350 a little while back.....
One of the best trucks I have ever owned, still miss her to this day. If I could afford to have kept her, I would have. Now I'm in a 2003 dodge dually with the cummins.

Thank you for your time.
2004 WW FB2200
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
There was a post below the OP that was an ad by a user named forum. The ad is now deleted. 😉
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
What's wrong with the OP's post?
OP, Could you cut the interconnecting PVC tube and install fittings on the cut end to connect your pump supply line to?
Excellent taste in trucks BTW 😉

Scott