cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 - 26ft Rear Kitchen? USED (With deep slide for dinette)

tmckenna
Explorer
Explorer
I've been doing a lot of research and shopping lately specifically to get an idea of what I want in terms of a layout for my camper. Finally I decided that I want a 24 - 26ft camper, 1 slideout, and rear kitchen configuration. I have found a handful that fit the bill but in a lot of them the slide seems very shallow, because it only houses the couch.

Long story short I was wondering if anyone knew of any options that would fit all those categories but have a deeper slide that houses preferably the dinette. I've found the 2014 Prowler 24PRKS and the 2018 Keystone Springdale 262RK that seem to be most appropriate, but I was looking for more suggestions if possible.

Links to floorplans below

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2013-heartland-prowler-travel-trailer-floorplan-24p-rks-tr17230

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2018-keystone-springdale-travel-trailer-floorplan-262rk-tr34030
13 REPLIES 13

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
tmckenna wrote:
I'm specifically not interested in purchasing new. Was looking more for used options.

I also dont need a very long slide. Just want it to be deep for a larger dinette. I come from a family of taller people so if I wanted my father or either brother to stay with me I would need the secondary bed option to be longer than the usual 68" or 72" couch options that usually come in the smaller slideouts.

Yeah, I am going to throw a wet blanket on your party.

You are being extremely picky for USED.

Even if you can pin it down to a small handful of models, you ARE dealing with USED market. What you decide on may take a week or 20 yrs to find a specific model for sale and even then may require you to search across many states.

In other words it is like searching for a needle in a haystack!

Rather than spending so much time and energy on a "unicorn" model you are much better off to VISIT some of the local dealers near you and walk through their used lots.

Search your local Craigslist (just be very careful of those "too good to be true prices" those ARE scammers) and see what is being offered, if it close to you go check it out.

What suits folks on the Internet may not translate to YOU liking it or working out for you, you have to physically walk through to get a sense if it is something you will like. Sometimes those "ideal" layouts just do not translate well from 2D paper and picture to actual 3D in person.

One thing to be extremely careful about is how the slide can affect the trailer layout when IN. Often slides will interfere with getting around things or getting to things like bedroom, bathroom or cabinets.

Why be concerned?

Sometimes you may find yourself in a place that putting the slide out may not be possible.. Like a storage yard or your backyard with limited space..

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Off the original subject---about bouncing rear kitchen issues. We just place a sofa pillow in the cupboard and all is well. The coffee pot sits on the counter and doesn't move.
Maybe it's the ride of our ORV..??

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
tmckenna wrote:
Finally I decided that I want a 24 - 26ft camper, 1 slideout, and rear kitchen configuration.

Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 24RKS
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Video tour of Outdoors Manufacturing

tmckenna
Explorer
Explorer
trailer_newbe wrote:
For a rear kitchen, if you want a full slide you need to go 28’

Don't need a full length slide, just something bigger than the small 6' slides.

The Prowler 24PRKS is the perfect floorplan and the slide is almost 8' x 4'. Plenty big for the dinnette that I would want to put in there.

tmckenna
Explorer
Explorer
I'm specifically not interested in purchasing new. Was looking more for used options.

I also dont need a very long slide. Just want it to be deep for a larger dinette. I come from a family of taller people so if I wanted my father or either brother to stay with me I would need the secondary bed option to be longer than the usual 68" or 72" couch options that usually come in the smaller slideouts.

trailer_newbe
Explorer
Explorer
For a rear kitchen, if you want a full slide you need to go 28’
2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
richardcoxid wrote:
Check out Outdoor RV, Timber Ridge 24RKS and the Blackstone 250RKS built in La Grande, OR. the dinette slide is a huge 45x84.

Northwoods is a “sister” company (founded by the same person as ORV) of similar manufacturing philosophy also located in La Grand, OR they manufacture the Nash (wood framed) and the Arctic Fox (AL framed) lines of RVs.

I've had several Northwood (no S on the end) RVs and love them.

I REALLY LIKE the ORV 24RKS Timber Ridge.

ORV's website is a bit hard to navigate, and they make so many different class of RVs, it's hard to figure out what's what if you aren't familiar with them

Starting from the basic to more advanced models:

Backcountry: more basic, but has a 170 watt solar panel and 3.6K LP Generator

Mountain Series, which includes Creekside, Timber Ridge and Blackstone: https://outdoorsrvmfg.com/mountain-series/

Creekside: A step above Backcountry, no solar, faux leather cushions and what not, solid surface counter top in Kitchen and SS sink.

Timber Ridge: Fiberglass Front cap, heavier frame, overkill sized axles and tires for high cargo carrying capacity

The Creekside and Timber Ridge can also be had in a TITANIUM trim level, which has more decorative woodwork, frameless windows and I'm not sure what else.

Blackstone are the longer models, which always have a ZERO after the model number.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Dick_B wrote:
Just slightly off topic but the rear end of our TT bounces around so badly I wouldn't it to have a rear kitchen with the appliances and dishes/glassware bouncing also.

That topic has been brought up many times here on the forum and it really isn't a problem.
I didn't notice things any more jumbled than our previous TT that had a kitchen mid-ship. Nor do I notice things any better with our newest mid-kitchen galley.

richardcoxid
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Outdoor RV, Timber Ridge 24RKS and the Blackstone 250RKS built in La Grande, OR. the dinette slide is a huge 45x84.

We just bought a 24RKS, important deciding items for us were the 80g fresh water tank, 2- 40g gray tanks and a 40g black tank, the wardrobe size and the separate bath room sink as well as the 16” optional tires, optional 170W solar.

Of course we are “dry campers”, we normally camp in the mountains of ID, MT and WY and on BLM land in AZ in the winter and only go to a commercial CG with FHUs once every year or so, except to dump and refill with Fresh Water.

The only problem is the ORV brand is scarce East of the Mississippi, when you are on their web site do a search for your area/state.

Northwoods is a “sister” company (founded by the same person as ORV) of similar manufacturing philosophy also located in La Grand, OR they manufacture the Nash (wood framed) and the Arctic Fox (AL framed) lines of RVs.
2017 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax
2019 Outdoor RV (ORV) Timber Ridge 24RKS

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Basically every product line offers a 24-27 foot rear kitchen model. From the entry level coleman/prowler/springdale models to the mid grades like the Rockwood/Flagstaff, or Passport/Jayco Eagles/white Hawks or Dutchmen Kodiak or Grand design models and from there on to Outdoors RV, Arctic Fox and others.
I suggest you select a price range if you are looking at new, and then decide on level of amenities and type of construction (stick and tin or filon) and then check lines from there.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just slightly off topic but the rear end of our TT bounces around so badly I wouldn't it to have a rear kitchen with the appliances and dishes/glassware bouncing also.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Can't help with a new model but we had that floorplan and length in our old 2004 Wildcat 25RKS and really liked it. Acrtic Fox also made that floorplan in 2015 (25P) and my buddy finds it extremely functional.
I think you'll be happy with it.