cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

help picking new tt

ramlover
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. first post. im looking for a new tt. the arctic fox 22g is top of my list. but i an open to others but can not find any with out slides. so maybe there are no others?
17 REPLIES 17

ramlover
Explorer
Explorer
Road Phantom wrote:
Lance has some exceptionally nice models.

I looked at them. I like alot of things about them but when i saw they use laminated flooring it put me off.

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
Lance has some exceptionally nice models.

ramlover
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
ramlover wrote:
I have never seen the ORV before. they look very nice. and i will be in the cold in wyoming.

I'd put ORV at the top of your list. They are very nice.

Here's a few videos I watched yesterday:

ORV Factory Tour

Differences in the ORV models

Interview with Darren Nelson of ORV

I am really liking the 24RKS and 24RLS

Those are very good vids.I watched them all. they do seam better than north wood. in so many ways. they are at the top of my list now.
thanks for the vids. I like the 21RD

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ramlover wrote:
I have never seen the ORV before. they look very nice. and i will be in the cold in wyoming.

I'd put ORV at the top of your list. They are very nice.

Here's a few videos I watched yesterday:

ORV Factory Tour

Differences in the ORV models

Interview with Darren Nelson of ORV

I am really liking the 24RKS and 24RLS
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion the first thing you do is list what you want in an TT.

I our case it was,
* A bed you could exit without crawling over your spouse.
* A big bath with linen storage.
* Enough room inside for two adults and a big dog to stay comfortably when it rains.
* A large pantry area.

All the above had to be in a floor plan we liked. It had to be towable with an F-150 with a max cargo limit of 1411 lbs. It had to be at a reasonable cost.

We rented a TT that had that we thought we wanted for a ten day trip, refined our thinking, then found what we needed in a three year old, 25 foot, Dutchmen Lite with a short slide out.

That was six years and 40,000 towing mile ago.

Good luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

ramlover
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
ramlover wrote:
must be well built as i will be living full time in it. Weight does not matter.I have plenty of truck.

ORV or Northwood are teh only two I'd consider since you want one that's well built. The build their own frames instead of using the scrap metal disguised as frames that Lippert builds. Underbellies n ORV and Northwood units are enclosed and insulated for usage in cold temps too.

dedmiston
Dang. Doesn't anyone remember what it was like to be new? Give the guy a break. He's only been a member for a few days.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
SoundGuy wrote:

As one who has owned Coachmen I could suggest their Freedom Express 204RD. However, "well built" is an oxymoron when talking about the North American RV industry as almost every one of us has a had a horror story to tell about our own experiences as RV owners. :W

As for "plenty of truck" - yeah, we've all heard that one too. ๐Ÿ˜›

Isn't it the time of year to re-inventory your leveling blocks... #59 and #77 might be missing.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ramlover wrote:
must be well built as i will be living full time in it. Weight does not matter.I have plenty of truck.

ORV or Northwood are the only two I'd consider since you want one that's well built. The build their own frames instead of using the scrap metal disguised as frames that Lippert builds. Underbellies n ORV and Northwood units are enclosed and insulated for usage in cold temps too.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ramlover wrote:
Hi all. first post. im looking for a new tt. the arctic fox 22g is top of my list. but i an open to others but can not find any with out slides. so maybe there are no others?

Outdoors RV (ORV) has a few without slides.
Outdoors RV

Nash too - the 22H

Nash is built in the same factory as the AF.
Outdoors RV is a sister company to Northwood (Nash / AF)

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot RV has a couple trailers that might meet your needs nicely. They even offer built in generators. A little pricey but should be a solid performer for full time living. JMHO
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
ramlover wrote:
... but i an open to others but can not find any with out slides. so maybe there are no others?

SoundGuy wrote:
You can't have put much effort into this as pretty well every manufacturer offers some non-slide models.

ramlover wrote:
Always has to be one!
I did not do a good job of saying what im looking for. must be tandem axle and no shorter than 23 foot longer would be great. but cant find anything with out slides. must be well built as i will be living full time in it. Weight does not matter.I have plenty of truck.

As one who has owned Coachmen I could suggest their Freedom Express 204RD. However, "well built" is an oxymoron when talking about the North American RV industry as almost every one of us has a had a horror story to tell about our own experiences as RV owners. :W

As for "plenty of truck" - yeah, we've all heard that one too. ๐Ÿ˜›
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œAlways has to be one!โ€

You were the ONE who couldnโ€™t find TTs without a slide. โ€œ...cannot find any with out slides...โ€

Three of the four Winnebagos I referred have tandem axles.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ramlover
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
ramlover wrote:
... but i an open to others but can not find any with out slides. so maybe there are no others?

You can't have put much effort into this as pretty well every manufacturer offers some non-slide models.

Always has to be one!
I did not do a good job of saying what im looking for. must be tandem axle and no shorter than 23 foot longer would be great. but cant find anything with out slides. must be well built as i will be living full time in it. Weight does not matter.I have plenty of truck.