cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It's called a Tiny Home?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
This popped up in my Youtube video suggestions.

YouTube video, click here.

But after searching the web for Timbercraft Tiny Homes, I stumbled into this one ... OMG!

Check this puppy out!

These are goosenecks.

I can't find any info on their weight, if they have holding tanks (fresh, black, or grey) either, or power demands (50 amp or more???)

Just thought I share and scratch my head experiencing a "WOW!" moment!
12 REPLIES 12

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
you could pull it with this https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/18/thor24-3400-horsepower-semi-truck-custom/#slide-2186822
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
My feeling is tiny homes will be zoned out of existence. Our membership park in the NW is talking about allowing them in. However the park is only allowed to have you there 180 days a year, RV can stay year round. I have been arguing against them, as they might compromise our county special use permit. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
My tiny home is a '15 Cougar XLite 29RET. Makes more sense then what they call a tiny house at a third the cost.
D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
philh wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
I live in a rural area and tiny homes are not allowed.

SECTION 305 MINIMUM HABITABLE FLOOR AREA All dwelling units shall conform to the following minimum habitable floor area: a.1 โ€“ 2 bedroom units; 700 square feet of which at least 75% of the required square footage must be encompassed in the main floor or ground level.
b.Units with more than 2 bedrooms: 120 square feet additional per bedroom. Add-ons must be harmonious with the existing building structure.

Put it in a campground
I was camping near SanFrancisco and they had to move me to a different spot as there was a 'tiny home' in my spot and could not get it moved in time. Needed to have a commercial bobtail to pull it out and it was oversize so the state permit to roll took a few extra days. Total PITN, no thanks.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
No slide outs. can get more space with a 5th wheel for that price.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:

SECTION 305 MINIMUM HABITABLE FLOOR AREA All dwelling units shall conform to the following minimum habitable floor area: a.1 โ€“ 2 bedroom units; 700 square feet of which at least 75% of the required square footage must be encompassed in the main floor or ground level.
b.Units with more than 2 bedrooms: 120 square feet additional per bedroom. Add-ons must be harmonious with the existing building structure.

Put it in a campground

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Park model RV.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't look like it can stand a lot of pounding in traveling.

And that would be like a brick streamline or wind-resistance wise when being pulled.

But love the looks.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
For travelling, get an RV. For a low cost home, get a manufactured double wide placed on your land with permits. To get on tv or live like fools go ahead with that tiny home fad.

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Their company website says that the goose neck can weigh 20K pounds. No problem for an F-150:W
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, I don't think those are designed to travel down the road, except to get where they'll be installed. I can't see 23 wood framed windows standing up to lot of road work.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"