cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagging Slideout

hleis
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Gulfstream Conquest 6320. The weight of the platform on this very long slide(dinnette booth and sofa) has pulled the back rest of the dinette from the wall and the middle of the platform is starting to drag the floor on the last 1/3 of inward travel. The middle top of the slide seems to be developing a slight bow. The dealer has no answer to fix and I am currently trying to contact the manufacturer. Has anyone run into this type of problem?
7 REPLIES 7

hleis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. I have had many other problems in this 1 year old Gulfstream class C that takes over a month for approval and to fix each time it is brought in. Dealer probably caused part of the problem when they pulled out the slide months earlier to respace the rollers( slide shimmied because of incorrect roller spacing at the factory). RV lawyer said that Gulfstream doesn’t usually arbiitrate and loss of use doesn’t always get factored in any lawsuit. Claims under10k too risky for court.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
With what amounts to a one year old coach, I would be visiting the manufacturer.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would go outside an check the gap at the top of the slide to the side wall when the slide is almost in. If it is greater that the bottom gap there is an adjustment on each end of the slide to correct that. Also check underneath the slide and look at the bottom of the slide to see if the rollers have worn a grove into the bottom of the slide. This will also cause your slide to sag.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to find dealer or mobile rv repairman that has the proper equipment to handle something as large as a slide-out, especially a full wall slide.

You can google the problem and read the results to give some kind of idea of what to expect.

This quote is from someone who fixed his on a Monaco MH-
"after further investigation i realized that the front roller that supports the slideout is just screwed into the plywood floor. I removed the rollers and fabricated a steel bracket that I welded to the existing cross bars of the frame. now the roller assembly bolts to the steel bracket rather than the floor. solved the sagging and after a few minutes of adjusting the other rollers i had the slide out working smoothly and sealing completly. "

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is the dealer saying it is a design flaw that he/she can't fix, Jayco? Or saying this is so bad he/she doesn't want any part of it?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
I'd find a different shop.
Jayco-noslide

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
No but I think yours needs attention immediately. I see bad things happening.
Jayco-noslide