cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full length bunk end cover

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
We are almost year round campers. The bunk ends are a big head ache needing to be set up at home under cover to completely dry.Being bored recently I cut up an old rubber pool cover and made a full length bunk end cover. I have to say I impressed myself with this one. It covers all sides and roof held on with tiny clamps and a few bungee cords. Last trip out I carefully removed and bunk was totally dry. Mission accomplished. What am I missing here? Why does Pop Up Gizmo's not make such an item? I believe there is a market
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
3 REPLIES 3

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Bunk end covers were never made to keep out noise. Best advice is to run a fan nearby. Or for us it is an electric dehumidifier when not dry camping.

x2! the only way to cut down on outside noise, with a hybrid, is to move to the Dark Side. Even then, you still may hear noise.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Bunk end covers were never made to keep out noise. Best advice is to run a fan nearby. Or for us it is an electric dehumidifier when not dry camping.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Been a year now using the Pop Up Gizmo's and were not to impressed, especially DW. We just use the top cover with the bungees. Does an okay job with keeping equal temperatures but as far a noise goes forget it.

Like what you have done, yeah wish someone would come up with a insulated cover that covers all sides.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)