cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extended run gas cap for Champion Digital Hybrid 4000?

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to build an extended run fuel system for my Champion Digital Hybrid (Model #100302), but can't find the replacement gas cap.

Anyone have any links to one?
12 REPLIES 12

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
justALnow wrote:
I'm trying to build an extended run fuel system for my Champion Digital Hybrid (Model #100302), but can't find the replacement gas cap.

Anyone have any links to one?

Contact Champion they have part to repair tier stuff, my manual even gives the part numbers.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
justALnow wrote:
jjrbus wrote:
Was curious after posting and took a peak.

https://www.pinellaspowerproducts.com/product-category/products-for-other-brand-generators/products-...

Thanks for the link ... Mine is the Champion digital Hybrid 4000/3500 and uses a different cap than the 3400/3100. Might have to drill and tap the existing cap ...

That's what I ended up doing. The cap is passively vented, so I had to run a bead of silicone around the inner lip so it would create a suction to pull gas from the auxiliary tank. Fired it up and ran it a couple of hours... enough to determine that it was successfully pulling gas from the Aux tank and not just running on what was in the generator tank.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
jjrbus wrote:
Was curious after posting and took a peak.

https://www.pinellaspowerproducts.com/product-category/products-for-other-brand-generators/products-...

Thanks for the link ... Mine is the Champion digital Hybrid 4000/3500 and uses a different cap than the 3400/3100. Might have to drill and tap the existing cap ...

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
This man is a gold mine of info, possibly you will find some info there to help. Contact him and if he sees a market he may make one up.

https://www.pinellaspowerproducts.com/

MrWizard
Pulse pump,.vacuum operated, kit comes with spacer with hose nipple on it, spacer goes between carburetor and intake manifold, manifold vacuum, drives the pump,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
Where does the power come from for a pump?

From the generator, maybe? It has a 120v and a 12v outlet.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Nobody makes a correct replacement cap that I'm aware of
How ever SuperGen used to sell a kit for champion generators, came with a vacuum operate pump,, connecting hoses, nipple etc,
A diy install, I put one on a 3500
CAT5 inverter generator, worked fine as long as both were on the same level ground, my champ was on a sliding compartment tray/drawer so I would put the extension tank/can on a snack table or chair next to the genny, sorry don't have a link, using my phone not my laptop

Thanks! Kind of what I'm finding...

I built a system for my Honda 2200 and it works great ... Parts were readily available on line!

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where does the power come from for a pump?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Drill and tap the existing cap for a nylon threaded fitting, add a hose and another gas can but keep the bottom of the can higher than the genny. Conversely, you could add a pulse fuel pump and run from a marine porta tank.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

MrWizard
Nobody makes a correct replacement cap that I'm aware of
How ever SuperGen used to sell a kit for champion generators, came with a vacuum operate pump,, connecting hoses, nipple etc,
A diy install, I put one on a 3500
CAT5 inverter generator, worked fine as long as both were on the same level ground, my champ was on a sliding compartment tray/drawer so I would put the extension tank/can on a snack table or chair next to the genny, sorry don't have a link, using my phone not my laptop
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be careful online, I ordered one for my 3500/4000 and when itm arrived it was the wrong cap, one with female instead of male screw thread for the cap. The seller never replied to queries so I'm stuck with it. It was well made tho, milled aluminum but worthless.

It is just a gravity feed system with a tube into the cap from the gas tank. Which is a outboard fuel tank. The vent on the gen is plugged and the gas tank needs an open vent. If you want to drill and tap the cap on your gen you could probably put it together fot $10 or $20. Not much open space on my cap anyway. I don't see any obvious way to drill the top of the tank unless you braze or maybe jbweld a fitting on top of the hole. No inside access.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper