cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got our newish camper!!

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
I just wanted to thank all of you guys and girls that helped me with advice on my roughly 1 year search for the perfect camper for me and my wife. Thanks so much!! We bought a 2015 Coachmen Apex 269RBSS. It appears to be almost new. Really great shape. I got the price I wanted with a great rate and payment for the camper I wanted. This TT hit 16 of the 18 points that we had written down. I don't think I could do any better than that. Plus the 2 points it didn't match were kinda off anyway. 1 was a rear kitchen so that was just a matter of layout and the other was central vacuum and the only reason I put that in was I had seen them in Heartlands but nowhere else. So if I did away with those 2 It is absolutely perfect! I didn't want to but new because of this forum, so thanks for that! I got a 30' TT for half the price of a new one! Thanks again to all that helped! You guys are great! See you out on the road!
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.
4 REPLIES 4

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent! It’s a great feeling when you find exactly what you are looking for.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Scott, I live in Florida so its camping season pretty much year round. Lady, thanks for the tip on the cetral vac. I guess Im not missing much then. We bought from Giant Recreation World here in Florida. They have a bad reputation in social media and lived up to it when I tried to hook up the Blue Ox hitch that came with the TT. They wouldnt even send someone out to show me how it went together without paying them. Thank goodness I had brought my other hitch that I knew how to operate. But all that said, I got a good deal from them and I have NO expectations other than to be ignored after the sale.
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on the wise choice and waiting for the most perfect one you could fine. I have a central vacumn in my Hideout travel trailer (by Keystone) and have never used it! Too much trouble to get the hose out and set it up. But 16 out of 18 items is great.

Since you are in FL, can see a camping trip coming up on the agenda!

Happy Trails

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a great trailer and a excellent fit for you. Kuddos for knowing exactly what you want and shopping wisely.
Now the long painful wait for the next camping season!

Scott