cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bizarre text this morning at 1:48

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I had texted a good friend about getting another Collie (Sawyer) back in February to keep Cooper company since Mikko's passing. In April Cooper was diagnosed with oral cancer and passed May 3rd. I had texted him when I took off to pick up Sawyer then shut the phone off while driving.

In June Jeff was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and passed away in August.

Last night at 1:48 I received a text from Jeff (( Wow, Good deal I know that Cooper would like the company. Maybe..haha))

It truly has dual meaning today since they have both passed on.

All I can figure is it must of been a reply I had received with my phone turned off when I went to pick up Sawyer. Why I just received it I will never know.
11 REPLIES 11

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
This story may explain the delayed texts
A ton of people received text messages overnight that were originally sent on Valentineโ€™s Day
Itโ€™s ha...

Very interesting, and thanks!

To Colliehauler - even though there's a techie explanation, I still prefer to think that your dogs are enjoying the company of your friend and this was a "sign" ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
A ton of people received text messages overnight that were originally sent on Valentineโ€™s Day
Itโ€™s ha...
When I went back that would have been the correct time frame for the message. It was just strange waking up at 4 am to use the restroom half asleep and seeing a text on the phone from someone that had passed.

Thanks that puts a end to the mystery.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
You don't need to worry until you start receiving messages before they were sent. LOL

CA Traveler wrote:
When we travel it's common to get some prior messages. Might be due to different computers serving different locations and not being in sync.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itโ€™s ha...
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Admin
I got a call on my cell from my cell.
No one there :E
Admin
RV.net

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Has happened to me more than once and never leaving home area. Get a text message that is a reply to a message that I had not yet received. Then some time later, maybe hours, I would get the original text message.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
When we travel it's common to get some prior messages. Might be due to different computers serving different locations and not being in sync.
I know this is what probably happened, it was just ironic because now it had a different meaning and the duration of time.

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
After a while phone numbers get reassigned.
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
No longer wondering...Caller ID Spoofing

Sitting in my kitchen, next to the land line, no one else home, and a call comes in on my cell phone.....From my HOUSE number. More than 6 times over several days.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
My sister received a phone call from her husband several days after he passed. Of course she did not answer it.
But sure makes you wonder!
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013