cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is mouse time again.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I just winterize the water lines and we are unloading the food. Soon we will be backing it into parking spot in the back yard.

Like most folks I have tried dryer sheets, peppermint oil, commercial mouse repellent and new this year, Osage hedge apples.

To be honest, a series of mouse traps has been the best solution so far. But running the trap line all winter gets annoying.

Good luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.
10 REPLIES 10

scarecrow56
Explorer
Explorer
My buddy parked his dump truck over the winter on his farm. The mice got into the exhuast pipe and climbed into the engine where they made a home. In the sring the engine was seized becuase of them peeing inside the engine. Destructive little beggars!
Chillin' in the sun, Palm Bay, Fl.

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Barn cat on duty. No issues.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Pure Peppermint oil throughout the RV has been 100% for me for 10 years.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Block all entry points. It is the only 100% sure way of keeping them out. Brass wool and expanding spray foam work really well.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on REAL Peppermint Oil! No Mice, and my MH smells great!!
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just about the time when you think you have heard of everything along comes the spinning rod idea for reducing the surplus mouse population. Ingenious.
However, the $1 mouse trap is more humane if that is a problem for someone.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

John_Burke
Explorer
Explorer
Take a 4 f.t piece of 1 1/4 PVC pipe. Cut it into 1 ft. pieces. Put caps on one end. Mix Decon (or what ever kind you want to use) as long as it is the small pieces like treated oats.
Mix the decon with peanut butter, put it into the PVC pipe. Use a broom stick or something that is a bit smaller then the PVC. Push it all the way to the bottom of the PVC.
Clean of the first couple of inch's of the PVC so other critters can not lick off the mixture.
Glue the PVC to a foot long piece of 2X4 and lay them next to the wheels of the RV them put a long nail through the 2X4 into the ground to anchor it. Or use the U shaped fabric spikes and stake the tubes down.
Takes care of the mice before they get into the camper.
Just make sure that the ends of the tube are clean and the tubes anchored so other critters can not lick them or haul them away.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you might be doing the peppermint oil ,and fresh cab ,,but I do this ,use I eye dropper and drop a little Peppermint oil eveywhere even outside the rv and the fesh cab, I take out of there bag, and tie up about a dozen bags out of panty hose ,throw them in all the draws and under the furniture. me rv an boat sit in a pole bldg ,no mice for years. P.S you have to use REAL peppermint oil.

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
BTDT works great
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
do the spinning tube over the bucket of anti freeze.

5 gal pail with ramps up to it. tight wire across the top. cylinder on the wire (any hard tube think pvs, abs, aluminum tube, black pipe, heck even soup cans)

pb smear on the tube, antifreeze in the bucket. google it. they work great and don't need to be reset for each mouse.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....