Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elon tease -- Tesla pick will look like military vehicle

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Another Elon Musk tease.:C

Just trolling the Mr. Magoo skeptics, EV and Musk haters.

Fire away!

Tesla Pick-up Military Style?
67 REPLIES 67

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
120 volt 240 volt power supply.
Built in air compressor.
Self leveling suspension
Sledge hammerable side walls. Stainless steel.
Built in ATV loading ramp.
Auto roll up box cover.

Elon said about a year ago this truck would not be everybodies cup of tee. But some are definitely going to buy it. Kinda cool.

I find it ugly but it might grow up on me. I ordered the base unit and will decide to configure and customize it later as what my daughter did with her Tesla X.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
.120 volt 240 volt power supply.
Built in air compressor.
Self leveling suspension
Sledge hammerable side walls. Stainless steel.
Built in ATV loading ramp.
Auto roll up box cover.

Elon said about a year ago this truck would not be everybodies cup of tee. But some are definitely going to buy it. Kinda cool.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Think about this! A World vehicle!! No need for a left hand and right hand model with the driver in the middle!

And you can have your wife and girlfriend both riding shotgun -- no jealousy!:B

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Think about this! A World vehicle!! No need for a left hand and right hand model with the driver in the middle!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
And some people said they have not seen much of these EV semis and pick ups on the road.

Still posting their ignorance that car manufacturers actually want to keep secret their new models.

Have you seen the new Suburban? Only covered in camouflage. Next month it will be revealed. And then it will probably be less than 6 months before it is at the dealer.

Sounds like GM is keeping their new models secret.

That is the difference between someone talking about what they think the standard operating procedures are in an industry and someone that is in the industry or has accurate facts.

It is safe to say anyone stating that the auto manufactures want the new models to be seen unadulterated before an official reveal does not understand the SOP in the auto industry.

Sorry, I dropped the "not".

I meant that car manufacturers are keeping the new models top secret until the launch.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
And some people said they have not seen much of these EV semis and pick ups on the road.

Still posting their ignorance that car manufacturers actually want to keep secret their new models.

Have you seen the new Suburban? Only covered in camouflage. Next month it will be revealed. And then it will probably be less than 6 months before it is at the dealer.

That is the difference between someone talking about what they think the standard operating procedures are in an industry and someone that is in the industry or has accurate facts.

It is safe to say anyone stating that the auto manufactures want the new models to be seen unadulterated before an official reveal does not understand the SOP in the auto industry.

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Another article about the upcoming Pickup. LOL
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
time2roll wrote:
BTW there is a separate thread on the Semi. All this has been discussed.

TEN more days to the scheduled release of the Tesla consumer pick-up truck.
Then the sparks can really fly ๐Ÿ˜‰
Or it could be a real dud, and nobody will be interested. Sneak pictures I've seen seem to show a really ugly, non-useful truck. Maybe they got their styling cues from the Aztec. There was a crash course in ugly.

Without knowing what the Tesla will look like I think Rivian has done a decent job with theirs. Not ugly but also not conventional. It would be nice to see Rivian make a go of it. Right now Tesla has no competition which is not necessarily a good thing. I hope they do well as well...but competition is good.

Undisguised Rivian seen in BC

Where did you get that idea. That is complete contrary to what has been said. In fact as an actual launch approaches you will see the pre-production vehicles putting on millions of miles and seen and photographed extensively by the automotive press. The semi has been seen what could be counted on one hand out "testing". And the Rivian has been documented fairly well at least around here. And the auto mfgs don't care you see the new models testing you just will not see them without camo until the official reveal.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
time2roll wrote:

Or it could be a real dud, and nobody will be interested. Sneak pictures I've seen seem to show a really ugly, non-useful truck. Maybe they got their styling cues from the Aztec. There was a crash course in ugly.

Without knowing what the Tesla will look like I think Rivian has done a decent job with theirs. Not ugly but also not conventional. It would be nice to see Rivian make a go of it. Right now Tesla has no competition which is not necessarily a good thing. I hope they do well as well...but competition is good.

Undisguised Rivian seen in BC

Still posting their ignorance that car manufacturers actually don't want to keep secret their new models.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:
time2roll wrote:

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
The first video shows a truck hauling 9 ecology blocks, which usually weigh 3500-4000 lbs each. So, a total load of about 36000 pounds, combined weight 66-70K. This depends on the weight of the tractor, which has not been released by Tesla. I saw another article where the writer estimated the load at 73,000 pounds which only exposes his ignorance- a load that heavy would make that truck illegal to operate.

The second one shows a 53' van trailer with who knows what inside, maybe bottled water, maybe air?

The truck shows great promise in local and short haul trucking, but huge leaps in battery technology and infrastructure are needed to make it viable for long haul. Trucking companies don't care about saving the planet, cool technology or blistering acceleration (for a semi). It's all about the bottom line.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3