cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2007 workhorse w22 rear wheel axle seals

visavis47
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have a leak in the passenger side rear wheel inner seal. All I can find is workhorse part number (way too expensive). Does anyone have the manufactures part number?? Would like to have both outside and inside seal part numbers...Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

visavis47
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. Needed the part number because I am not doing the install and don't have a seal in my hand. Gregory J thanks much.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
FIRE UP wrote:

As for the inner one, why don't you just simply remove the hub and wipe things off and see for yourself, what the number is? It will be right there, on the outside of the seal. It could be a "CR" or, Chicago Rawhide brand. But, this way you'll know EXACTLY what the seal part number is and you can cross reference it to your hearts content.
Scott

And while you are there you can read the bearing numbers. Most times, if the seal lasts a week, then starts to leak it is a safe bet you have bearing issue. (If it doesn't last a week? Installer issue)

GREGORYJ
Explorer
Explorer
Your rear end is likely labeled as a Spicer model # S-130.

The Workhorse seal # is W8000276 and the Dana-Spicer's part # is W20HH100.

https://www.finditparts.com/products/2030547/dana-holding-corporation-
w20hh100

Or made by SKF part# SKF 35000

https://www.rockauto.com/fr/moreinfo.php?pk=1837330&jsn=8

Also see DIY video of replacing seal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNw5wYmektE
Ellen & Greg
08 National Dolphin DL-35Ci, Kelderman Air Ride, Rear Trac Bar
Workhorse W22, RoadMaster Rear Sway Bar, Towing 08 Smart Car

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
visavis47 wrote:
I currently have a leak in the passenger side rear wheel inner seal. All I can find is workhorse part number (way too expensive). Does anyone have the manufactures part number?? Would like to have both outside and inside seal part numbers...Thanks

Unless things have changed dramatically, there will be NO outside axle seal. All that seals the diff fluid from escaping is the end of the hub, is the axle end, with all the bolts tight. About 98% of the diff builders for the larger truck axles, use no actual gasket. They may use Silicone.

As for the inner one, why don't you just simply remove the hub and wipe things off and see for yourself, what the number is? It will be right there, on the outside of the seal. It could be a "CR" or, Chicago Rawhide brand. But, this way you'll know EXACTLY what the seal part number is and you can cross reference it to your hearts content.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
the seal will have a part number on it google that number

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is a truck rear axle and WH used a few different brands. I believe yours may be a Dana rear axle and parts are readily available from truck service shops.