cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Local news story made me chuckle (stolen? dog)

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Raleigh paper this AM reports a shelter adoption day at a local Petco had a dog grabbed by a young man who then ran away.
There is a $1000 reward up for grabs.
I think that they are missing the point. They had to home the dog, so somebody did. I don't see the crime here.
Puma 30RKSS
13 REPLIES 13

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
The Raleigh paper this AM reports a shelter adoption day at a local Petco had a dog grabbed by a young man who then ran away.
There is a $1000 reward up for grabs.
I think that they are missing the point. They had to home the dog, so somebody did. I don't see the crime here.

So I guess by your logic anyone having a yard/garage sale should be okay with people stealing their stuff w/o paying? There would be no crime there, since they wanted to "rehome" their stuff anyway?

I'm glad the pup was found safe.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
The boxer-hound mix puppy was found
https://myfox8.com/2019/11/03/police-looking-for-man-accused-of-stealing-puppy-from-nc-pet-store-during-adoption-event/
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

I doubt it will be trained for fighting. But, we don't know the breed of dog. A Pitbull is a different story.

They say a boxer mix, I say some pit in the mix. Looks like a great dog, she don't look like much of a fighter.

"Now the Subaru with the โ€œcoexistโ€ sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi thatโ€™s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah Iโ€™ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
If it was stolen to train fighting dogs then it will have a very short life of pain and misery. Not everybody has good intentions.

I doubt it will be trained for fighting. But, we don't know the breed of dog. A Chihuahua won't be used for fighting. A Pitbull is a different story.

There were probably adoption fees, license, etc. associated with the dog before it went to a new owner.
Yes, it is theft.

Do experimental labs buy dogs?

Dogs like Chihuahua are not trained to fight but are called bait dogs for fighting dogs to practice on. Low risk of injury for the fighting dog.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
If it was stolen to train fighting dogs then it will have a very short life of pain and misery. Not everybody has good intentions.

I doubt it will be trained for fighting. But, we don't know the breed of dog. A Chihuahua won't be used for fighting. A Pitbull is a different story.

There were probably adoption fees, license, etc. associated with the dog before it went to a new owner.
Yes, it is theft.

Do experimental labs buy dogs?

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
The lab mix (Tanner)that currently lives with us was a rescue from Kentucky. When the shelter got him, he needed over 100 stitches to his front legs and snout. Someone must have used him as fighting bait and dumped him when he got tore up.
Tanner loves people but it is not safe to have him around other dogs. He goes crazy and tries to attack them. We solve this by keeping him away from the other dogs. He is a sweet dog except for that problem.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
pennysmom09 wrote:
A thief steels a dog and you chuckle? Guess you are not a dog lover.

Yeah, I kick puppies and run down little old ladies in crosswalks too. :R

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:

I'm going to think happy thoughts and pray the guy will sell the dog to someone because he needs drug money.... I just can't wrap my head around using an ordinary dog to train fighters.... ๐Ÿ˜ž
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
A thief steels a dog and you chuckle? Guess you are not a dog lover.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Probably fell in love with the dog and couldn't afford to buy it.
(Living in my own reality has its bennefits)

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
I don't see the crime here.

It's called theft. Theft means taking something that doesn't belong to you without permission regardless of "good" intent. This dog is now going to going to someone who has not been vetted properly. There's no telling what this person's intent was-does he want a pet? Is he going to abuse it? Nope, no good here. What he did was illegal and immoral. Do I sound harsh? Don't care.

I agree with you. It's just plain wrong what they did. If they had good intent, they would not have done that.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see the crime here.

It's called theft. Theft means taking something that doesn't belong to you without permission regardless of "good" intent. This dog is now going to going to someone who has not been vetted properly. There's no telling what this person's intent was-does he want a pet? Is he going to abuse it? Nope, no good here. What he did was illegal and immoral. Do I sound harsh? Don't care.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]