cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV lots in Phoenix area??

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are currently near Yuma on an RV lot we own. These lots are set up with RV hookups and you have the option of having a park model or mobile home or even a stick built home if you want. We are wondering if there are any lots like this closer to Phoenix. Really would rather not go back to an RV Park. Any ideas?
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
13 REPLIES 13

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Flyboy320 wrote:
www.palmcreekgolf.com

Casa Grande , AZ

You don't own any lots in Palm Creek, you lease a spot in their RV park.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Flyboy320 wrote:
www.palmcreekgolf.com

Casa Grande , AZ

That's just another of the same old - same old mobile/RV parks. I got he impression the poster doesn't want that but looking for a more "private land" type of situation. In that regard, it's near impossible to find land that would be zoned to allow just an RV to be used for more than a few days. Even Maricopa County's far flung areas technically prohibit RV only private lots that are not inside an RV or mobile home park. People in far away areas do use their private land for RV only, but if someone complains, the county will order you to stop.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer
www.palmcreekgolf.com

Casa Grande , AZ

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Due to zoning and land use restrictions, you will not find any land where you can put just an RV (or 2) to live in for longer than 72 hours in any of the incorporated municipalities around Phoenix. You will be limited to only mobile or recreational vehicle parks. These parks can be nothing but lots for that purpose or with full amenities, but they will be zoned specifically for and only for mobile homes, park models or recreational vehicles.

Even looking in the county areas, they also have similar restrictions the closer you get to developed areas; often with a zoning permit that can be changed if needed. You can be in the country for years with just your RV on your own lot and suddenly a 1,000 town-home development breaks ground and the county tells you you can n longer keep just an RV on your lot.

To do what you want, you have to give yourself some space between the major metro areas of Tucson or Phoenix. The further you are from those metro urban centers, the less people care what you have on your land.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Could you not just buy a one or two acre site near where you want and set it up for your rv ? We don't live on our small farm but keep our rv set up there year round except when on the road.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know of anything like that in AZ either. I imagine each city has their own codes about what can be put on an empty lot. You might start by calling around to different town offices to ask. Maybe if you're not within city limits, perhaps county rules are different.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I have found anywhere like Yuma with lots that can have the varitiy of housing placed on it like that anywhere in Az. There are lots for sale in Casa Grande at Sunscape rv resort, but that is a resort and not a neighborhood like Yuma. There are places in Texas and Florida that are somewhat like Yuma for lots in neighborhoods we saw when traveling but had no need to inquire on pricing.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
There is a nice โ€œparkโ€ near casa grande AZ.and Arizona city. Lots of park models and quite a few RV lots. All or most privately owned. Not sure the name , but maybe โ€œsun sitesโ€. It was East if I-10 and north of pica hope. Very nice place.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Trails - Surprise, AZ
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We currently own a lot with 2 RV hookups. It is about 60x100 and we were planning to maybe put a mobile on one side and still have room for motorhome. Would love to find something like this closer to phoenix
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the lot that you own in Yuma? Is it in a single-family house neighborhood? A small mobile home park? HOA?

What is your goal? I mean do you want, for example, a house to live in seasonally where you can also park your RV with hookups?...that's not in a park?
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
We really donโ€™t want to be in s Park type place. We donโ€™t really need all amenities
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Do you mean like these two?:
Venture Out
Roadhaven
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara