cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Idiots Guide for 12V RGB LED Controller

Cabo_Paul
Explorer
Explorer
So, installed this light system to light up the bottom area of our RV. Came with a RF Wireless Remote. Remote has a simple 10-button system, with simple words on each button. Mode +, Mode -, Speed +, Speed -, Color +, Color -, Bright +, Bright -, Demo, and a off/on button. The instruction booklet (sheet) goes into further tantalizing clues. Such as, Dynamic Mode has 19 Modes. No other description. Static Colors has 20 Colors. Brightness Grade has 5 levels. Speed Grade has 10 Levels. I am a โ€œvisualโ€ person. I havenโ€™t a clue what the instructions are trying to tell me. I have tried to tinker with the remote, the lights change as I push the buttons. Does Anyone out there have practical advice on how to make this system work? I would be happy to pay for โ€œthe bookโ€ if you have a recommendation. Thank you!
Cher ๐Ÿ™‚ and Paul :Z our Havanese, Peanut :p, and our Heathen, Lucy:p
Journey 36M :B :R Buick Enclave Toad
2 REPLIES 2

Cabo_Paul
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Barney!
Cher ๐Ÿ™‚ and Paul :Z our Havanese, Peanut :p, and our Heathen, Lucy:p
Journey 36M :B :R Buick Enclave Toad

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will take a guess at this.
Mode - 19 modes - probably
1. All on steady
2. All blink
3. Running lights
4. Alternating red, green, blue blink
5. Just red
6. Just blue
7. Just green
etc. etc. etc.

Static colors probably means all red or all blue or all green

Brightness probably means just what it says. You can adjust the brightness of the lights.

Speed probably means the speed at which the lights flash, change color etc.

Color + and - most likely means the intensity of the color.

I would say the "demo" button will cycle the lights through all the different possibilities.

Those would be my guesses at what the different remote commands do. As you already did, just continue to experiment with them and note what happens when you push a particular remote button.
Hope this helps a bit. ๐Ÿ™‚
Just send the check to your favorite local charity! :B
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine