cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas pump

ijon1
Explorer
Explorer
What is a good replacement pump for my fuel pump on my fury 2910 tow hauler. It is a piece of junk and sticks.
13 REPLIES 13

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
Just something to add if your not going to be pumping you gas for awhile make sure you drain the gas line. WHAT ? After your pump is off you still have some gas in the line. In order to drain it your need to have the gas nozzle below the tank to drain what left in the gas line.

Good advice
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Just something to add if your not going to be pumping you gas for awhile make sure you drain the gas line. WHAT ? After your pump is off you still have some gas in the line. In order to drain it your need to have the gas nozzle below the tank to drain what left in the gas line.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I had the nozzle condom AND the nozzle mitt on my toyhauler nozzle. The location of the pump station is right behind the rear tire and the bottom of the compartment is perf. steel for venting/draining so all the road debris gets in there, the nozzle is always dirty. This keeps it off the nozzle, work great, made out of Neoprene like a wet suit. Sold the trailer to the DW Godson and it's still got its condom and mitt!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

ijon1
Explorer
Explorer
Got it.

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
ijon1 wrote:
What do you mean replace handle?

Nozzle, handle, gun, pump, I'm talking about the part that the gas comes out of. Just different terminology for the same thing.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Slightly off topic, but what are folks using for protection since Nozzle Condom went out of business? I lost my old Nozzle Mitt and don't have protection for my nozzle end anymore.

1, I regret googling that based on the other search results!

2, I never realized I needed something like this? I always just threw the nozzle back into it's compartment and shut the door.

I think I might get an oversized ziploc bag (Ikea has nice big ones), put it over the nozzle, and will just wrap something around the open end of the bag (big twist-tie type thing).

Should keep it clean and nice and cheap.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

dedmiston
Slightly off topic, but what are folks using for protection since Nozzle Condom went out of business? I lost my old Nozzle Mitt and don't have protection for my nozzle end anymore.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ijon1
Explorer
Explorer
What do you mean replace handle?

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
If your talking about just the handle itself, they sell a much better one at Tractor Supply. I replaced mine fairly early on cause it was sticking as well.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
mmasters wrote:
Believe it or not the gears will swell in the presence of gas. My last toy hauler, I had to open the pump head up and sand the gears twice. They are easy to come out, place the sand paper on a table and rub the gears around. Does not take much.

Mark
Yeah, I had to do the same thing on our Fuzion pump.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
ijon1 wrote:
What is a good replacement pump for my fuel pump on my fury 2910 tow hauler. It is a piece of junk and sticks.

What brand model of pump?

If Great Plains RV model - get a kit for an EZ8 model -same pump just different model # to force purchase of parts thru RV dealer at increased cost. I learned the hard way.....

mmasters
Explorer
Explorer
Believe it or not the gears will swell in the presence of gas. My last toy hauler, I had to open the pump head up and sand the gears twice. They are easy to come out, place the sand paper on a table and rub the gears around. Does not take much.

Mark
2020 Newmar Superstar 4061
2019 Ford F450 106,000 miles
2020 DRV Fullhouse JX 450 (For Sale)
2011 F450 175,000 mile (Sold)
2013 Dutchman Voltage 3950 (Sold)
2005 F350 SRW 127,000 (Sold)
2008 XLR 3850 Toyhauler (sold)

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Get a replacement set of gears and / or when the pump is stuck just slightly loosen the 4 bolts on the end/top plate. My pump works when it's cool, but not if it's been out in the sun.

You can also slightly sand the gears to add a bit more clearance.