cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Missing couple camping on Padre Island confirmed dead

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
This couple from New Hampshire went missing Oct 16th after camping south of Bob Hall Pier near Corpus Christi. They went south to a remote part of the beach in Kleburg County (assuming to avoid the Nueces County parking fee) but their family never heard from them again. Their truck and RV were seen spotted crossing into Mexico a few days later. I grew up in Corpus and we camped on Padre Island multiple times when I was a kid...this is heartbreaking.
KIII news report
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran
18 REPLIES 18

A sad ending for these rv'ers; no question. Time to close this one and move on.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
It kinda starts with "a person of interest". Then, it goes to "a suspect". Then, you become convinced that he's guilty. Then, you get busy trying to find some proof. I saw it on TV,....NCIS. Ziva was the best,...at finding the proof.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Did not know that the extradition had all ready taken place. This has already gone off the news in my part of the state.. the big news now is the ambush of those families in mexico

There are constant updates here, which would be normal, I am in NH.

It may be a case of a guy and gal who were fine upstanding pillars of society who were strolling down the beach when they came upon an abandoned truck and TT, so they decided to take it on a vacation trip to Mexico. Walks like a Duck?

Believe it or not, some of us believe in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty". Incidentally, it's how our legal system works.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
The big question is , will Mexico extradite the two back here to Texas as we have the death penalty ?

The male is already in a Texas jail.

Did not know that the extradition had all ready taken place. This has already gone off the news in my part of the state.. the big news now is the ambush of those families in mexico

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator wrote:
As of 13 hrs ago, the person is a 'suspect'. No murder charges have been filed; let's not make a 'rush to judgement'; may be guilty, may not.

It may be a case of a guy and gal who were fine upstanding pillars of society who were strolling down the beach when they came upon an abandoned truck and TT, so they decided to take it on a vacation trip to Mexico. Walks like a Duck?

"Williams has two pending cases and three arrest warrants issued from the Logan District Court.

In August, Williams was charged with multiple felony assaults along with several misdemeanor charges. He was released on $9,600 bail with a promise to appear.

On Sept. 16, new charges emerged against Williams both first-degree felonies; and a second degree felony. An affidavit for an arrest warrant said Williams had met the alleged victim previously through Tinder. "
"Now the Subaru with the โ€œcoexistโ€ sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi thatโ€™s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah Iโ€™ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
The big question is , will Mexico extradite the two back here to Texas as we have the death penalty ?

The male is already in a Texas jail.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
The killer has been caught and is in custody!

As of 13 hrs ago, the person is a 'suspect'. No murder charges have been filed; let's not make a 'rush to judgement'; may be guilty, may not.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

The "people of interest" have been caught and have only been charged with the theft of the vehicle and trailer. The couple is from Utah so the border, other than a possible escape route, is irrelevant. Too many assumptions have been made without the facts.

Douglas Adams

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
I had just watched one of the videos by Grand Adventure on You Tube, he was there a couple of weeks ago and had gone on the beach near the end of South Padre , showed the River there and people in the middle of the river apparently going back and forth. They didn't camp there for that reason.

The couple's bodies were found on Padre Island, not South Padre Island. They were camping 175 miles from the border in Brownsville.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
Some will take this as being insensitive, but all that has been reported about border violence, you just can't be naive and think you will be immune. I lived in Laredo and worked within 10 miles of the river on a very isolated 105,000 acre ranch. You had better have your head on a swivel, avoid being alone, and get back to home before dark. Many bad things happen there.

Ed has a friend whose ranch property abuts the border in AZ. He said the same things.

I understand that there's lots of people who love boondocking, and I'll admit I've been jealous to see photos of their beautiful/remote camping spots. But there are questionable people *everywhere* who also like remoteness and might not hesitate to ruin your day (thinking of hikers shot because they stumbled onto "grow lots" in the wilderness, for example) Camping along a Trade Route is probably not a good idea, period.

This story was on national news last night - they have pretty good photos of the man and woman driving the truck/RV across the border
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Some will take this as being insensitive, but all that has been reported about border violence, you just can't be naive and think you will be immune. I lived in Laredo and worked within 10 miles of the river on a very isolated 105,000 acre ranch. You had better have your head on a swivel, avoid being alone, and get back to home before dark. Many bad things happen there.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I had just watched one of the videos by Grand Adventure on You Tube, he was there a couple of weeks ago and had gone on the beach near the end of South Padre , showed the River there and people in the middle of the river apparently going back and forth. They didn't camp there for that reason.
Video
Gorgeous area, sad that it has become so hazardous. You have to feel for that family.