cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this?

para1391
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 2013 Layton walkabout. I trying to install roof vent covers. But there are 4 eyelets that are built into the roof around the vent. They are right were the brackets would go for any new vent hoods. And I can't find any vent hoods that would mount onto these eyelets. And as far as i can tell, there is no way to remove them without damaging the roof. Anyone have any ideas?[img][/img]
3 REPLIES 3

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer
Thats a Maxx air fan and those are the factory mounting tabs for a cover. They are for THIS specific cover.

Here is the kicker. If they did not get sealant under those tabs when the fan was installed they can leak. If you look you'll notice that they are open inside the tab to the underside of the mounting flange.

What you'll also find is that due to the sidewall being so thick on that specific fan, the brackets provided with other brands of covers, and even some of Maxxairs like the Maxxair 2 will be too long if trying to mount them per the instructions with screws into the opening sidewall.
"Now the Subaru with the “coexist” sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi that’s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah I’ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
At one time there was a vent cover over it. They eyelets had a pin in them for easy removal. The cover was probably damaged and removed and never replaced. I have something (similar) over all my vent covers on mine. All of then are easily removed by pulling a cotter pin and slipping out a catch pin. Looks similar, but different too than yours.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
No idea.

But, here's the picture:
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page