cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nogales to HMO

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
WE came in on 15 Wednesday. Nothing much has changed. Still road construction where you have to cross over. The first toll cost me 200 pesos ( 5 axles) My MH has a tag axle and I was towing a 1/2 ton PU. Outrageous. The other 2 toll booths were closed and they were taking donations.

Moisheh
11 REPLIES 11

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
As a person that spends a lot of time in HMO if you can use a bypass take it! The traffic in HMO has become ridiculous. The trucks, including doble remolques, drive right downtown. Changing lanes like they are driving a VW. It is hairy in a PU truck but in an RV it is a recipe for disaster. Lane changing, jumping red lights, driving up on the sidewalk and more. Very few good drivers. Save your sanity and take the bypass.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Just curious, how much was it?
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
Yes, but gas here is almost as much as it is in California, which is now the most expensive in the US including Hawaii.

The bypass' save you not only fuel, but wear and tear on you, your vehicles, and your psyches.

It's a personal call, but for us, the wear and tear, not only on the rigs, but on our minds, made the bypasses worth it.

Everyone has to make their own decisions.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Drove the bypass a few days ago. Youtube video is spot on, easy but COST!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Talleyho69
That is fabulous!!!!

ProudCanuck42
Explorer
Explorer
Here's an excellent YouTube video on the Hermo bypass: Hermo bypass video

Talleyho69
I was told the same thing by our friend who drove down 2 weeks ago.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I dont go to the bypass but I understand it it is fairly easy.

Moisheh

Canada_Irl
Explorer
Explorer
Whats it like getting onto the Hermo bypass heading south? Thanks.

Talleyho69
No

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If you donate do they provide a receipt?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad