Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Trouble with California
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Trouble with California

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 19  
Prev  |  Next
Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“I don't give a dam* what they want to search. If they don't have probable cause, they ain't getting in and they ain't searching anything.”

“Probable cause” isn’t a license to search. Probable cause may get a warrant. Gee, mobeewan, get it together. Inspections aren’t a search the SC has said twice.

Gee, what’s going on in Virginia where you want a Californian’s opinion? Particularly that affects YOUR job?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/19 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take ag inspections seriously and try not to be so bothered by them.

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“your Rv is your home, wheather for a day or for life.“

No, park owner, it’s on wheels so the rules for search are less strident than a stick home. Basic Con Law.

wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/19 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like others mentioned it seems the inspection lady noticed your license plate and just did her job.

Range Maggot Bob

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/19 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

Yeah I have...several times when I was on the road.

I don't have any thing to hide so they get to look wherever they want. They have their look and I'm on my way.

Your pulling the same trick as sovereign citizens thugs do when their asked to comply.

B.S. Some of us just aren't "politically correct" and never will be. You just keep on doing EVERYTHING the government tells you to...

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Range Maggot Bob wrote:

JIMNLIN wrote:

Yeah I have...several times when I was on the road.

I don't have any thing to hide so they get to look wherever they want. They have their look and I'm on my way.

Your pulling the same trick as sovereign citizens thugs do when their asked to comply.

B.S. Some of us just aren't "politically correct" and never will be. You just keep on doing EVERYTHING the government tells you to...

the govt didn't tell the OP anything. the agent asked, the OP declined and was on his way. and what 'anything' do you object to?

'73,
rich, n9dko
If Jimmy cracks corn and nobody cares then why does he keep doing it?
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perhaps the AG people are doing the state a favor keeping more fruits and nuts from coming into the state. lol

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

gemsworld

Arizona West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I've seen too many videos and television reports of cops planting evidence and framing people."

Yup. That Ag inspector is going to plant a maggot infested apple in your RV so they can lock you up in prison for 20 years. [emoticon]

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 09:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes it's just the simplest of things, in this case, the AG inspector just doesn't like people from New York????And the OP sure got the better of the inspector.lol

I did love the planting of a maggot infested fruit...you just got to love it.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 11:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP here.
So to all you bastions of law and slavish obedience to a uniform,I pity you.
Perhaps my attitude would have been better if I was treated as a customer or a valued visitor. But no the government has to "ESTABLISH CONTROL".Page one,chapter one, sentence one.in every security manual.
how about an encounter like this. "Good afternoon sir, I see you are from NY, WE SUSPECT THAT THE PEST Calforniabullpotty moth is being brought in from the east coast,so we will subject you to a higher level of inspection."
To those that are gonna say boo boo got his feelings hurt,darn tootin. Goverment Servant,
She woman took an adversarial position to my face and the words goog morning, changing an administrative task in to a quasi law enforcement proceeding.
I Don,t give a hang how many people they encounter each day or how many times they get disrespected. Not my problem!
Why would an ag check be an authoritarion encounter?
I would have done a u turn had she insisted.
Bye the way, Was back and forth across the border several times over an week or so period. Most points were the questions,some were closed or unmanned,and one just waved me through. Three times entire rig, several more just truck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 19  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Trouble with California
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS