Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Camping etiquette
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping etiquette

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
BadgerMcAdams

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Knock on wood (tapping the side of my head) I have not had a camping experience ruined by other campers...Now, Mother Nature and the lovely wildlife (the skunk that wandered into the camp the last time we went camping) are another thing.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BadgerMcAdams wrote:

Knock on wood (tapping the side of my head) I have not had a camping experience ruined by other campers...Now, Mother Nature and the lovely wildlife (the skunk that wandered into the camp the last time we went camping) are another thing.

I'm with you on this....or maybe my tolerance level is not on High alert when in the Great outdoors. The person who can't seem to ever find a location void of any distractions is soon discovered to be the issue themselves? maybe?

As previously stated, we all have our ideal situation in mind when we arrive at a campground/campsite yet that ideal is seldom found cause we all have different styles and expectations.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those of you that think people are overly sensitive to others being in their site… would you be ok if you were at say some beach resort hotel & people came onto your room’s deck, took chairs/tables/grill &/or used some property you had on your deck?

On the one hand, boisterous neighbors can be a way to meet new friends, but on the other & IMO far more frequent from my experience it ends up being a rude unpleasant stay for the person being encroached on. The sad part is all of it could normally be avoided if the offending neighbor would just talk to you about their plans/activity before it kicked off.

The bigger ‘rub’ IMO is the attitude of these kind of people that they can do whatever the hell they want & you can kiss their rear end if you don’t like it. 20-30 people in a single RV site is asinine & supremely disrespectful of anyone else. Those kind of #s should necessitate them having to get a “Group” site somewhere that has group areas.

When you pay money for a camp site you’re renting the use of that square footage. To barge into space that someone else is paying for is rude, arrogant behavior. A little respect & common courtesy goes a long long way but too many people choose to not show it to others.

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last weekend I was camping in a Michigan State Park which has fairly secluded sites, (Pontiac Lake State Park), and mine was one - I could only really see the two neighbors across the road so I was happy.

There was a three pair group of nice folks in their late twenties across the road and we'd chatted and introduced dogs to each other. They were quiet and nice but on Monday morning at 0230 I'm woken by just loud enough drunken chit chat to wake me. That level of chit chat is impossible to get back to sleep to and about 45 minutes later they started imitating electric guitars...

I opened the trailer door and in my best ex-military SNCO voice I simply yelled "Gentlemen, Quiet Please!"

Silence came immediately and in the morning I quietly packed up and left before all but one girl who's dog needed a pee woke up...

Not everyone who act senselessly are senseless - sometimes they are just unaware they are causing a problem. Had we both been there another day or more I'm sure we'd have shared a beverage or two and apologies from both sides would have been exchanged.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never had anything close to that. Pick your times & CGs I guess. I would not expect anything close to solitude at a KOA. Solitude is what we had last night. We had a county CG all to ourselves. Silence except for a very occasional sound of a distant train. One light on at the bathroom for the whole CG.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping etiquette
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS