Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG, I'll be that guy LOL. In fairness to the lady, no one knows if the glove had been used or if it was a brand new glove. Because she had one glove on and one in her mouth it could indicate she had brand new gloves, put one on and decided she didn't need to use the 2nd glove so was holding it with her teeth so she didn't drop it and get it soiled. Or maybe she put one glove on and was having difficulty getting it on correctly and had the other in her mouth while she adjusted it. As the saying goes...If it doesn't fit, you must acqui.....errr put the other one in your mouth at a truck stop dump station HAHAHA. I think most people here have the worst thought possible in their minds when it could be just something that looked bad.....Or she put herself in a crappy situation.

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of Steak and Cheese.

Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, I admit it; I do the same thing but I use toilet checmicals or as I like to think of them.. Flavor Packets!
That way when I inevitably get a taste, at least it's yummy and I get minty fresh breath as a bonus!
[emoticon]

S

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If she was a solo who travels exclusively alone, then everything that was in that hose came from her......so what's the big deal.

(LOL)

K Charles

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it doesn't hurt when it goes through you the first time, it won't hurt you if it goes through again.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

OK, I admit it; I do the same thing but I use toilet checmicals or as I like to think of them.. Flavor Packets!
That way when I inevitably get a taste, at least it's yummy and I get minty fresh breath as a bonus!
[emoticon]

S
Those products are actually being outlawed in some locations. They have very detrimental effects on septic systems.
As for sanitary practices, I don't use gloves when dealing with either my sewer hoses. And there have even been times I have helped guests gloveless. Human skin has had thousands of years to evolve into a germ barrier. Soap and water works fine to remove contaminates. Haven't dropped dead yet.

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave in TN wrote:

Reminds me of a picture that was posted on another forum several years back from Fort Wilderness where someone had draped their sewer hose over the grill at a campsite, presumably to dry it or something. Imagine the next guy who slapped his burgers or dogs down on that grate, not knowing what had been laying there?

You're joking, right???

How many times have you placed your raw meat on a cold grill?

No-one, but no-one, does not heat the grill to temperature and scrub the crud from the last cook out off the grill by which time _anything_ that _might_ have been on the outside is burned away.

I have a $100 that says that no-one got sick as a result of being the next person to use the grill... I'll go $1000 that no-one died...

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

T18skyguy wrote:

She might be the type who kisses her dog on the lips right after he drinks from the toilet.

Or just cleaned his parts with his tongue.

[emoticon]

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am1958 wrote:

You're joking, right???

How many times have you placed your raw meat on a cold grill?

No-one, but no-one, does not heat the grill to temperature and scrub the crud from the last cook out off the grill by which time _anything_ that _might_ have been on the outside is burned away.

Ever seen people use a cold grill as a make-shift table?

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Powertour wrote:

Ever seen people use a cold grill as a make-shift table?

Stupid is as stupid does... It can't be fixed so let it run it's course. I have zero sympathy...

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oasisbob wrote:

I once saw a guy at a full hook up campsite using the fresh water faucet to rinse his sewer hose. The faucet and hose made contact. When I called him on it he looked up and said " mind your own busness". I came over when he was done and sanitized the faucet. He ignored me and my efforts. People are crazy

If someone who came uninvited to my camp site in order to sanitize my fresh water spigot for me after I had specifically asked them to not bother me, I'd think them a little bit crazy and probably do my best to ignore them, too.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS