Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Left the house yesterday heading for the State Park. Got confused, heading for the wrong park. Realized it, made a detour that landed us at I-69 and Highway 3 just South of New Castle. There is a Flying J at that location. Normally, I don't use Flying J's, but since I was nearing half a tank of diesel, went ahead and pulled in for a fill up.

Pulled in and saw a tow vehicle and trailer pulled up to the RV gas/diesel pump, and there was a dump station right there also. Nice trailer and appeared to be a solo woman. She was dumping her tanks. I scanned the car pumps and saw diesel on the end pumps, nearest the RV station, swung around to get in line. There was a car parked at the diesel pumps and no one in the car, so had no choice but to wait.

I'm getting concerned by now wondering if we'd make it to the campsite before dark, wondering when the driver of that car would ever come out of the store and move. Meanwhile, my wife was watching the solo woman go about dumping her tanks. It became apparent she was being very thorough, perhaps dumping and cleaning up for winterization. She was really taking her time.

Then my wife said, OMG, UNBELIEVABLE... LOOK AT THAT! I looked over at the dump station and I said, "What?" She said, look at her mouth!

Oh... eeeeoooowww! YUCK! OMG!

OK. I am one of those people that never use gloves at the dump station, and really, I admit, I get my laughs at folks that do use gloves, especially what they do with those gloves and their sewer supplies AFTER they dump and storage. But this one took the cake, as the expression goes.

Oh yes, she had gloves that were dedicated for dumping the tanks. They were a grey soft knit winter style glove. She was proceeding to rinse the sewer hose (in a very appropriate manor, no problem there), but dangling from her TEETH ... yes ... her teeth ... was the other glove!

OK, now you have a new mental image that will stick with you all day.

My wife had her phone in her hand and I said, quick.... get a photo of that. But by the time she got the camera, she had turned around and we missed the opportunity....

Well, have a great day.

And oh... we did make it to the campsite, parked, and set up and still had about 20 minutes of daylight left! Fantastic site... we're on site 40 at Summit Lake State Park (Indiana). We've tried to get this exact spot for 3 years straight now. It's that popular. We booked it a long time ago. This was the first week-end available for this site... probably in about 3 years trying.

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the brown hose. Yes, that would have grossed me out too !!!!! For whatever reason, even though I am thorough and careful, I still feel "dirty" when I'm done emptying tanks. I tend to over-wash my hands.

But putting a glove in your mouth, esp an absorbent knit glove? That's enough to make me take a bleach shower...feel dirty just hearing it!

**Don't take the bleach shower statement seriously!

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 chassis
2000 Jeep Wrangler for a Dinghy w/ Invisibrake & Curt Tow Bar

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd never hold my glove with my mouth.

Hard to eat my sandwish with a glove in the way.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

Oasisbob

Portland Oregon 97266

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I once saw a guy at a full hook up campsite using the fresh water faucet to rinse his sewer hose. The faucet and hose made contact. When I called him on it he looked up and said " mind your own busness". I came over when he was done and sanitized the faucet. He ignored me and my efforts. People are crazy

Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife & 4 Really Fun kids
2008 KIA Sedona 3.8L 24 valve V-6
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS">

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

I'd never hold my glove with my mouth.

Hard to eat my sandwish with a glove in the way.

[emoticon]
When the hell are we going to get a "Like" button.

BTW, someone will soon be posting in defense of her...

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People aren't crazy, they are ignorant and don't care.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wait ,there is a difference ,just depends on whether she was holding it in her mouth by the cuff or the finger [emoticon]

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

She might be the type who kisses her dog on the lips right after he drinks from the toilet.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

T18skyguy wrote:

She might be the type who kisses her dog on the lips right after he drinks from the toilet.

Or just cleaned his parts with his tongue.

Dave in TN

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reminds me of a picture that was posted on another forum several years back from Fort Wilderness where someone had draped their sewer hose over the grill at a campsite, presumably to dry it or something. Imagine the next guy who slapped his burgers or dogs down on that grate, not knowing what had been laying there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS