Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Front windshield and info for insurance
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Front windshield and info for insurance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Corky01

Portland, oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/19 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I just bought a 96 rexhall vision 26 ft with the Chevy 454, which might need a windshield before to Long, who do you se for something like that and when I tried to get the insurance for it the Good Sam agent couldn't find any info on the vision models anyone have any knowledge of this vehicle, thanks.

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/19 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What damage are you expecting two come along?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/19 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most glass companies who deal with cars can handle a mh. I had mine replaced by Binswanger glass came to my house - measured ordered installed. Mine was broken so covered by insurance with no deductible. Call Progressive and see what they can do.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004

eadeal55

Norfolk VA

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/19 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a rock hit my driver's side windshield while motorhome was in storage. I filed a claim with Progressive and they turned it over to Duncan Systems.

Duncan called and I chose Custom Glass Solutions - an FMCA partner - to manage my claim. After initial discussions with CGS, my claim Rep asked me to provide the letters and numbers off the windshield, and then called around to local glass companies to see who had the ability to replace motorhome windshields.

She provided me three local companies and I picked one to visit, check out their facility and talk to the shop manager. I called CGS back, told them who I wanted to replace the glass and they ordered the glass and had it shipped direct to the replacement shop.

Waiting now for the glass to arrive and them set up a time to take the motorhome over and have the glass replaced. No cost to me since I had a zero deductible for being claims free for 5 years.

Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
'05 Fleetwood Bounder 33R, F53 w/6.8L V10...towing a
'07 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/19 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP doesn’t have a cracked windshield. OP thinks his windshield will need replacement in before to Long. Big difference.

KPetrick

Englewood

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/19 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Corky01.

Please send me a private message with your telephone number and we will get a senior agent to do some additional investigation for you.

Keith Director of Good Sam Insurance Agency.

eastfizz

Monument, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/19 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Several years ago, during a trip in Alaska, both of our windshield panels on our 1997 Rexhall Aerbus were damaged. Our insurance company at the time (State Farm) had us call Duncan Systems for replacements. Duncan Systems allowed us to contact a local windshield replacement company and they shipped the windshield to them for installation in our Aerbus. Fortunately, before we left for Alaska, I upgraded the windshield coverage to full coverage with no deductable and everything was taken care of.

Best regards,

Lowell

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/19 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are numbers in the corner of your windshield that most any glass company can use to order a replacement. How your insurance company handles it varies.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Front windshield and info for insurance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS