cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas stove in fifth wheel

JustMe47_
Explorer
Explorer
Is there some way of turning off the gas to the stove so we can still run the water heater??
11 REPLIES 11

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, any gas line can be terminated...shut off.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I have a valve that runs to my gas stove that I can turn off.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
ditto above
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps the OP wants to disconnect the gas stove (like ... remove it???) and still have gas available to the water heater. Or perhaps he is replacing the gas stove for an all electric one????

If that is the case, you'll need to simply add a shut off valve or cap it to the end of pipe leading to the gas stove when you remove it???? replace it????

But "no" there is no separate shut off factory installed for each individual appliance that is dependent upon gas. The expectation is to turn the propane tanks off, then do the work on the appliance, then turn the propane tank back on.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Your water heater should run on propane regardless of any other appliances (stove, refrigerator) connected or running at the same time. If it does not operate correctly, it's possibly due to (1) it being in the "electric" mode, (2) no 12V power (some models) (3) some switch not in the right position, (4) pilot light not lit (some models).

If you are trying to remove the stove and still have the water heater operational, you will need to turn the propane off, disconnect and cap the gas line to the stove, and turn the propane back on.

If you are having problems with gas flow and hence the water heater won't work, chances are you opened the propane valve at the tank to fast. In which case you need to close the valve, bleed some propane off (like light a stove burner for second or two), and re-open the valve very slowly.

If none of these are your problem, you need to be more specific about what you're trying to do, what is -or- is not happening, if everything worked fine before, and/or if this is a first time problem.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
No shutoff valves on individual service lines to the appliances

IF propane to stove is LEAKING you will need to disconnect the propane line and cap/plug using a 3/8" gas fitting
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Good grief. This is a new member's first post. And a question they need an answer to. No wonder participation in this forum is falling off.

To the original poster (OP). No reason to shut off gas individually to the stove. Just do as DrewE said above.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
JustMe47* wrote:
Is there some way of turning off the gas to the stove so we can still run the water heater??

:?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Turn off all the stove control knobs and you should be good to go. Typically in an RV there are no individual gas shutoffs for each appliance, just the usual control valves and the main shutoff at the tank. The stove is no different in that regard than the furnace or fridge (if it's not a residential fridge)...or, for that matter, the water heater.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
What does the stove have to do with the water heater?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"