cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picked up a new 2019 LTZ 2500 Duramax this weekend

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Had my eyes open for the last 4 months first thinking 2019, then 2020 and back the 2019. Yes it's outdated, doesn't have all the cool towing gadgets of the 2020's but I really like this truck and am very content with it. Good time to buy trucks, I figured if I can pick up a new truck for what I see similarly equipped used ones for sale for the same or lower price I think I did ok. This one has everything I wanted but a bedliner and puck system.

Fortunately I have all winter to think of what to do for a hitch. The rails I had with my Patriot slider never really bothered me so maybe I'll do that again. Then again maybe I'll see what it takes to install a factory puck on it or even a BW turnover ball and go with a Anderson, Companion, or even convert to a Reese Goosebox. Like I said I have all winter ahead of me lol.

So anyway here she is.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel
18 REPLIES 18

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Good choice on the 2019. I like the Silver too.

The 2020 Chevy HD is ugly as sin.

I saw one in person a few weeks ago, they are extremely tall too.

2020 Chevy HD - ugly front end and very TALL
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy wrote:
ksss wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Hammerboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Congrats and that new truck.... I would take a '19 over a '20 year model any day just on the looks alone. And good choice on that garden tractor.

BTW... This truck looks exactly like my dads truck.

Ha ha, I would be disowned from my wife's family if I bought any thing else but a Deere. It's a 2005 Gx345. I'm already pushing it for not driving a Ford pickup (they are super brand loyal) and that would push me out of the family for sure lol.

Dan

Last year we sold our last Case International cotton picker and purchased our second John Deere cotton picker with a baler. Man these are some machines.

Paint that cotton picker red and it will run better. 😉

Nothing Runs Like a Deere. Best equipment ever.:B

Deere is the best equipment ever is right, at least the ones they don't sell at the big box stores. I paid probably close to twice the price buying this used than what I could have picked up a big box version of a Deere. This one will probably outlive them yet too.:B

Dan

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy wrote:
ksss wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Hammerboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Congrats and that new truck.... I would take a '19 over a '20 year model any day just on the looks alone. And good choice on that garden tractor.

Ha ha, I would be disowned from my wife's family if I bought any thing else but a Deere. It's a 2005 Gx345. I'm already pushing it for not driving a Ford pickup (they are super brand loyal) and that would push me out of the family for sure lol.

Dan

Last year we sold our last Case International cotton picker and purchased our second John Deere cotton picker with a baler. Man these are some machines.

Deere is the best equipment ever is right, at least the ones they don't sell at the big box stores. I paid probably close to twice the price buying this used than what I could have picked up a big box version of a Deere. This one will probably outlive them yet too.:B

Dan

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice truck. I have the gasser version, same color. I love mine. So much better than my 0ld 02 Gasser. I only tow 7500 to 8000lbs 15 to 20 times a year and I don't daily drive my truck. So the diesel does not make sense for me. Enjoy it!
Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
ksss wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Hammerboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Dan

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:

Holidays must be fun at yer place!

OP, congrats on the nice truck. Stick with QUALITY.....B&W.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Hammerboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Dan

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome truck. I'm the one that's outdated!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
I have a neighbor who brought a twin to yours home today! Enjoy.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hammerboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Dan

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

packpe89
Explorer
Explorer
Great Mower, I have a Gx335, about the same age.

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Dan

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Congratulations, she is a beauty!