cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TOGO comments?

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
In the next week or ten days I'm going to buy a TOGO system and then the AT&T package. Anyone have any negatives that will persuade me not to? I understand it isn't perfect but it seems to be heads above anything else. Verizon may be better but they aren't offering anything in the same ball park.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
10 REPLIES 10

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You buy the annual plan from AT&T not TOGO so it should be the AT&T network.
Superbumper

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
jplante4 wrote:
The ToGo has several antennas, a WiFI and cell booster and a wireless router all built in. It also eliminates the metal box problem of trying to get a MiFi signal outside the coach. The AT&T plan is truly unlimited, not throttled above 25 gig like the FMCA Verizon plan. The only down side is the slightly less coverage you get on the AT&T network. The Verizon hotspot would be a good backup.

Asking for a bit of clarification on the slightly less coverage you get on the AT&T network. We currently have an AT&T hotspot and buy data as we need it. Our coverage has been stellar, but are thinking of the Togo program. Did you mean that the Togo & AT&T gives less coverage than the normal AT&T, that we are using, or that AT&T in general is less than Verizon? The reason I ask is that we are pleased with the coverage we currently get, as we tried Verizon and were disappointed. But that's us.
thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
There isn't that much installation to do and there are vblogs available showing how to do it.

You need a screwdriver, I use a 3/8 cordless drill. A tube of Dicor sealant. And away you go. I removed a Wingard sat tv dome that we do not use and installed the TOGO dome in the same spot. The attachments don't line up so I had to put new screws down. The old dome has a 12V power line so that eliminated that for me, but people just run the 12V line down the fridge vent.

I put a blob if dicor at each spot I was going to put a screw, Put the dome down in the dicor and self drilled the screws (provided with the TOGO) down into the roof, with the cordless drill and a screwdriver bit. Once the screws are in I put a blog of dicor ontop of each screw to double seal it. The dome should be in the center of the rv roof and a foot or two from any other things installed on the roof. The 12 connections on the dome face toward the back of the rv. Then connect the 12V and you are mostly done.

Here are a number of VBlogs. I think I read that one fellow had the local car stereo people do the installation so keep that in mind if you really don't want to do it. Probably a mobile RV Tech would be happy to do it also. It took me less than an hour, half of which was removing the old dome and cleaning the roof that was under that dome.
Superbumper

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who did the installation?
I'm not fond of drilling holes in my roof and not very adept with tools. Thinking about the system, but have reservations as we are not full timers and have to weight the total cost vs usage, etc.

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry cad wrote:
I have been using a Verizon MIFI for a couple of years now and it seems to work decent. What is there about this TOGO that makes it better? I am curious. The MIFI has unlimited data for $20 a month with multi users.

The TOGO has 5 antennas, 3 4G and 2 WIFI (or maybe the other way), a wireless router, and is all packaged in a sat TV style housing-8 inches high. All you need to do is run 12V to it and it's up and running. Setup is via an app. The TOGO package is $399.

Winegard site

AT&T provides unlimited service for $360/year. Paid up front, the equivalent of $30/month. You can either log onto external WIFI like the campground or use the cell service. From the reviews I see almost no one uses the external WIFI. The system is not a booster but having all those antennas on top of your RV makes it about the same as using a booster.

The reviewers admit it has some small problems but all of them say it's the best deal available right now.
Superbumper

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
The ToGo has several antennas, a WiFI and cell booster and a wireless router all built in. It also eliminates the metal box problem of trying to get a MiFi signal outside the coach. The AT&T plan is truly unlimited, not throttled above 25 gig like the FMCA Verizon plan. The only down side is the slightly less coverage you get on the AT&T network. The Verizon hotspot would be a good backup.

YouTube Review
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using a Verizon MIFI for a couple of years now and it seems to work decent. What is there about this TOGO that makes it better? I am curious. The MIFI has unlimited data for $20 a month with multi users.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
garym114 wrote:
Don't know. A TOGO system search mainly brings up speaker systems. Not enough info.

TOGO Roadlink C2; Winegard is involved too.
Superbumper

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
In the next week or ten days I'm going to buy a TOGO system and then the AT&T package. Anyone have any negatives that will persuade me not to? I understand it isn't perfect but it seems to be heads above anything else. Verizon may be better but they aren't offering anything in the same ball park.

We have been using the TOGO Roadlink C2 now for about 2 months while traveling through the mid-west and the UP Michigan and it has worked as advertised. Not the latest and best architecture perhaps but coupled with unlimited data for $30/month makes the package very attractive. I was interested in having some redundancy and so adding the AT&T plan coupled with our Verizon data on phones gives us about the best connectivity that I believe we could put together for the best price. We are very pleased with the performance of the TOGO. We are very satisfied with our decision to install the TOGO.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know. A TOGO system search mainly brings up speaker systems. Not enough info.
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It