cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A hidden gem

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is one that we came across completely by accident.

Mountain View Speedway near Boone, NC. While everything else in the area is $40 plus & jammed up tight like rally camping this one is out in the open in the most delightful valley that one can imagine. $25PN with 30amp.

The bad news is that there is no water & I did not see a sewer anywhere. We came for the 1/4 mile dirt track racing on a Saturday night. We were the only people camping there for 2 nights. Beautiful! Had the whole property to ourselves. By 10:30 on race night everyone was gone. Silence. 15 minutes from the crazyness of Boone.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995
4 REPLIES 4

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Cool. We run HWY421 occasionally. My ancestors lived in Yadkinville 220 years ago.
I wish I could have seen a race at Wilkesboro, but didn't. But I like dirt tracks better. Have to remember that track and the camping.
Need to go back. Maybe some vineyard tours, including Richard Childress'.
Very nice country. Never understood why my ancestors left that for Lafayette LA.
edit add....have you been to Bandits Roost COE?
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ll put that campground on my list. TY
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Veebyes wrote:

Mountain View Speedway near Boone, NC. While everything else in the area is $40 plus & jammed up tight like rally camping this one is out in the open in the most delightful valley that one can imagine. $25PN with 30amp.

The bad news is that there is no water & I did not see a sewer anywhere. We came for the 1/4 mile dirt track racing on a Saturday night. We were the only people camping there for 2 nights. Beautiful! Had the whole property to ourselves. By 10:30 on race night everyone was gone. Silence. 15 minutes from the crazyness of Boone.

You could go out on the BRP to Julian Price park. Also not far from Boone. $20.00 per night $10.00 with the Senior pass. Pretty good site, not crowded. however no hookups at all. Do have a dump station. Water scattered thru out the CG. Beautiful place.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:

WHAT A GREAT AREA - So much to see and do within 50 miles of Boone - we have found a few Gem's in the area - mostly county or city owned Camp Grounds.

Enjoy the time there.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach