Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Windshield Replacement Recommendations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Windshield Replacement Recommendations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
vjstangelo

virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The front windshield (1 piece) on our 2012 Winnebago Vista was damaged and needs to be replaced. Insurance pays all but deductable.

Anyone who has had this done have recommendations on who would be the best for the job? Body shop? Rv Shop? Safelight?

Thanks

2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used this Nationwide company. They came to the house and handled everything with my insurance company. Very professional and only took about an hour start to finish. RV Glass Solutions

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had to replace the windshield on my 2016 Newmar BayStar. Also a large one piece. Insurance pays 100% here in SC for all glass claims if you have comp coverage. Used the Binswanger glass company. They came to my home, measured, ordered, delivered and installed here. Brought enough people to assure it wouldn’t get dropped... Did a great job. BTW they ordered from the same company that made the original.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004

vjstangelo

virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I called Nationwide and in my area of Central VA they would subcontract out to a local auto glass company. I will wait to see what the Geico adjuster says since there is a bit of damage (cosmetic) to the passenger side rail. If it goes to a body shop then I will have to find out to whom they would subcontract.

vjstangelo

virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vjstangelo wrote:

I called RV Glass as suggested and in my area of Central VA they would subcontract out to a local auto glass company. I will wait to see what the Geico adjuster says since there is a bit of damage (cosmetic) to the passenger side rail. If it goes to a body shop then I will have to find out to whom they would subcontract.

doxiemom11

Somewhere between MI and TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use an auto glass shop, they are professionals at what they do. The body shops do not do this work themselves, they call in the glass shops and show it as a sublet repair on their billing. Many of the glass shops will be able to come to where you are and do the work, weather permitting.

two travelers

Smithtown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live on Long Island NY and had to replace the 1 pc windshield in our Winnebago. Went through the glass repair people associated with FMCA; can't remember the name. Went to a local auto body shop, the only ones to bid the job and they could not handle it; did not realize it was one pc. They wound up getting a crew from 45 miles away to come out and do the job. Turns out that, I'm guessing due to liability issues, few if any shops in the Northeast will touch one pc windshields. Glass firm said next time we need a windshield go to FL, AZ or CA where there is no problem.

C20

Shawnee KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would never ever use RV glass solutions! Sent me to a shop and they broke a mirror and trim piece and if I hadn't been watching them we're going to put the screws on the trim back into caulk instead of the clips.

I spent another
$500 fixing the things they broke. RV glass tried to dun me for my $250 deductible!!

08 Itasca 40 FD
02 Jeep Liberty
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2016 Ram Eco Diesel

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had one replaced a few years ago, my insurance company recommended a company. They came and replaced the windshield at my home. They did want some numbers off the old glass. I don't know what would happen if I couldn't have given them to them.

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

macjom

Fl

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had mine replaced once with RV Glass solutions. The company did a good job and their customer service was very helpful.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Windshield Replacement Recommendations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS