Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Boycott “No Campfires”
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Boycott “No Campfires”

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next
westernrvparkowner

montana

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2008

View Profile



Posted: 10/17/19 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Powertour wrote:

I see both sides of this issue. I generally agree having a campfire is VERY much a part of the experience however, I've been on the other side of things where I've had people make a fire 5-6' from the side of my rig, had neighbors w/fires where the smoke was just blasting us out of our rig (for hours & hours).

What I have a huge problem with is places that don't allow for controlled flame stuff such as propane fire rings & the like. To me that's just asinine.
If it is so "asinine" and such a huge problem to you, build your own stinkin park and have any rule you you dang well please. I have yet to find a business that has rules that upset me, because I am smart and resourceful enough to know in advance whether or not there is a policy that doesn't work for me and if there is I know there is always another choice.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2015

View Profile



Posted: 10/17/19 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Powertour wrote:



What I have a huge problem with is places that don't allow for controlled flame stuff such as propane fire rings & the like. To me that's just asinine.


X2

I know of one park I sure would never set foot in.

westernrvparkowner

montana

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2008

View Profile



Posted: 10/17/19 12:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

Powertour wrote:



What I have a huge problem with is places that don't allow for controlled flame stuff such as propane fire rings & the like. To me that's just asinine.


X2

I know of one park I sure would never set foot in.
Works for me. I don't want or need any guest who thinks a rule is "asinine". Please take your money and your attitude elsewhere.

JusBud

Right Here

Full Member

Joined: 02/01/2019

View Profile



Posted: 10/17/19 01:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Powertour wrote:



What I have a huge problem with is places that don't allow for controlled flame stuff such as propane fire rings & the like. To me that's just asinine.

X3
Might as well not let people cook outside on their propane grills too.
Even when we boondock in the middle of the forest with fire restrictions they still allow propane fire pits.

westernrvparkowner

montana

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2008

View Profile



Posted: 10/17/19 02:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JusBud wrote:

Powertour wrote:



What I have a huge problem with is places that don't allow for controlled flame stuff such as propane fire rings & the like. To me that's just asinine.

X3
Might as well not let people cook outside on their propane grills too.
Even when we boondock in the middle of the forest with fire restrictions they still allow propane fire pits.
Thanks for showing your ignorance of fire restrictions. Under stage two restrictions the use of even propane grills is subject to restrictions. You can't just fire one up anywhere you please. You just proved it is asinine to believe everything people post on the internet.

* This post was edited 10/17/19 02:20pm by westernrvparkowner *

JusBud

Right Here

Full Member

Joined: 02/01/2019

View Profile



Posted: 10/17/19 02:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Thanks for showing your ignorance of fire restrictions. Under stage two restrictions the use of even propane grills is subject to restrictions. You can't just fire one up anywhere you please. You just proved it is asinine to believe everything people post on the internet.

No ignorance on my part but more on yours for not knowing that i called directly and they said propane pits were fine.
I didn't even say anything about what stage it was so more ignorance on your part
Maybe you should look up fire restrictions first before claiming everyone's ignorance except yours.
Stage II Fire Restrictions Prohibitions
Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites is prohibited. Persons using a device fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off is permitted.
Anything else?

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

Senior Member

Joined: 01/29/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/17/19 04:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What too many don't seem to realize is it's not a "black and white" issue. Fire codes, weather and too many other things play a role in how campgrounds run their businesses. Yes, it's a business and too many on here forget that. They don't exist for just YOUR pleasure-they exist for anyone who is willing to submit to their rules. If you don't like the rules then you have two choices-go elsewhere or shut up and deal. It's that simple. No amount of stomping, breath-holding and threats of boycotts will change that. Get over it. That's life. If you aren't capable of making that kind of decision, this might not be the best life style for you. Life is full of choices. Make one and deal with the repercussions. No brainer.


I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

am1958

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 04/10/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/17/19 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Westernrvparkowner:

Pray tell the address of your park so I can avoid being hosted by such an aggressive, crass and, frankly, boring individual as yourself. You seem to be the kind of chap that has wonderful grassy sites in your park and then walks around yelling "Get off my lawn!!!!"

The melted tables, burned trashcans etc. you mention are, undoubtedly, the facts of life in your business. A smart person factors in such damage to the price of their sites per night. That's a good business model. Your business model appears to be keep the price down sufficiently to attract punters in and then when they get there they find the camp is more of a concentration camp because you have a million silly little rules designed to save/make you money while sucking the very life out of them.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2015

View Profile



Posted: 10/17/19 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe, I thought you were "done" with this suspected troll thread. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 10/17/19 06:16pm by Boon Docker *

free radical

Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/17/19 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am1958 wrote:

Westernrvparkowner:

Pray tell the address of your park so I can avoid being hosted by such an aggressive, crass and, frankly, boring individual as yourself. You seem to be the kind of chap that has wonderful grassy sites in your park and then walks around yelling "Get off my lawn!!!!"

The melted tables, burned trashcans etc. you mention are, undoubtedly, the facts of life in your business. A smart person factors in such damage to the price of their sites per night. That's a good business model. Your business model appears to be keep the price down sufficiently to attract punters in and then when they get there they find the camp is more of a concentration camp because you have a million silly little rules designed to save/make you money while sucking the very life out of them.

And thats another reason I never stay in campgrounds,there are plenty of free places to park along the way

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Boycott “No Campfires”
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.