Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Boycott “No Campfires”
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Boycott “No Campfires”

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am1958 wrote:

Quote:

It is pretty apparent you are one of those people who feel that paying a site fee allows you to do whatever you want, damaging property included, and let the costs incurred be borne by the park owner and future guests.

Absolutely not. I pick up the trash left by others and leave none of my own. My fires are well made and tended. When I leave a site I leave it better than I found it. Most campers do do such things. You, on the other hand, are clearly of the opinion that you need to dumb everything down for everyone. Possibly because it makes your life easier not to have to go and visit sites when people have left and see what they have done. If they have damaged stuff charge them for it. It's not rocket science but it does take some additional work...

Surely you are intelligent enough to realize the damage done by people. You are living in a bubble if not .You say most, I won't argue that, unfortunately the few do enough to have to have the rules. You said it yourself picking up after others.

I don't know how big his RV park is, but gotta be pretty fun running around looking for offenders that have destroyed his property. Just the damage done in the bathrooms, got any ideas for that ,so he charge them for the damage.

What you are saying is don't have the rules because I behave myself, and shouldn't have to be restricted for the actions of others, the only one that should take the brunt of the few is the owner of the park .

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 01:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

am1958 wrote:

Quote:

It is pretty apparent you are one of those people who feel that paying a site fee allows you to do whatever you want, damaging property included, and let the costs incurred be borne by the park owner and future guests.

Absolutely not. I pick up the trash left by others and leave none of my own. My fires are well made and tended. When I leave a site I leave it better than I found it. Most campers do do such things. You, on the other hand, are clearly of the opinion that you need to dumb everything down for everyone. Possibly because it makes your life easier not to have to go and visit sites when people have left and see what they have done. If they have damaged stuff charge them for it. It's not rocket science but it does take some additional work...

Surely you are intelligent enough to realize the damage done by people. You are living in a bubble if not .You say most, I won't argue that, unfortunately the few do enough to have to have the rules. You said it yourself picking up after others.

I don't know how big his RV park is, but gotta be pretty fun running around looking for offenders that have destroyed his property. Just the damage done in the bathrooms, got any ideas for that ,so he charge them for the damage.

What you are saying is don't have the rules because I behave myself, and shouldn't have to be restricted for the actions of others, the only one that should take the brunt of the few is the owner of the park .
Much of what our tax dollars pay for is because of the few. We have police, criminal courts and courthouses, jails, prosecutors and defense lawyers because a few people commit crimes. Nations have armies because a few people decide there is a need to go to war. Yes, "the few" has undoubtedly been civilizations biggest problem since the dawn of time.
And you are right, it is next to impossible to collect damages. A melted picnic table is camouflaged by a tablecloth until after the guest has left. Then it would become a he said/she said conversation with either the guest or their credit card company. Like you said, common area problems are completely without a culprit. And we even had an incident where the guest positively agreed to pay for some significant damages, unfortunately it was with a check drawn on an account they closed right after writing the check and driving down the road. Prevention is just much easier and cost effective than seeking a cure.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 01:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So from my point of view "everyone else" pays for the actions of a few one way or another. Either they pay in the form of more rules & restrictions or they pay in the form of higher prices to cover the park's losses. I tend to prefer the second option as it at least leans toward a perception of more freedom and the "price" isn't as explicit.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

So from my point of view "everyone else" pays for the actions of a few one way or another. Either they pay in the form of more rules & restrictions or they pay in the form of higher prices to cover the park's losses. I tend to prefer the second option as it at least leans toward a perception of more freedom and the "price" isn't as explicit.
But it isn't necessarily an "either-or" proposition, it can be a combination of both: higher prices with more regulations.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This sure has turned into a long discussion thread that wouldn't even be necessary ... if RV campfire lovers merely switched to one of the modern high output propane firepits.

We found a place for one in our largest RV outside storage compartment and have never regretted it. It sure makes RV life less complicated and hassle-free, while at the same time still pleasant ... for sitting around a campfire in the evenings "just about anywhere, anytime".

[emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yolue wrote:

We RVers need to Boycott places that don’t allow a special part of the camping experience...”campfires”. It’s bad enough that so many places don’t allow wood fires but not allowing propane campfires is beyond ridiculous.

Though I do not do campfires much anymore (Did enjoy them when wife was alive)

Some places due to drought conditions or other conditions dis-allow wood campfires.. Not the campground but the Govermaurent. And in some cases the ban is not specific enough so even propane fires may be prohibited. I some even a charcoal grill may be prohibited.

Many many many many Times I have seen what would have been a very good law.. Very poorly written so that it went far beyond the author's intent. Usually they fix it when that happens. but not always and the fix may take time.

Example.. a Ban on electronic communications when driving can be so broad it bans the Police officer's 2-way radio. Have seen it.. Thankfully amended to allow 2-way radio of the Type the police officer (And I though not a cop) use.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 04:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Each park owner can do as they please. If you don't like it, camp somewhere else- youll both be much happier.
Just stop whining about it. It gives us all a bad name.

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ol Bombero-JC wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

No Campfires..........PLEASE post those CGs
Call them out
We should start an ongoing list that gets updated frequently

That way I can pick which ones I will partonize cause I hate campfires!

Not so much hate them.....it's just there are MORE & More inept campers that do NOT know how to have a campfire.
They think smoldering/smokey is good vs an actual fire
And then they go inside!

YEAH.CGs with NO Campfires.
I like the concept

Please post the list - if you find one!

Let the "camper" choose his option...[emoticon]

Like OB - I'm in the "no thanks" group - been at too many campgrounds where you choke on your inconsiderate neighbor's smoke..[emoticon]

~

x2 "no thanks"

Maybe a solution would be build a very large community fireplace with a chimney. Bring your chair for a group fireplace that is away from the RV's.

I have seen so many people just leave unattended smoky fire pits going all day long.

And WesternRVParkOwner...I agree with your policies and it is rude and inconsiderate to burn your picnic tables or destroy your property.

These facilities are for us all to enjoy, not to trash at your pleasure, for your camping "experience".

How would you all like to check into a Hotel where the previous occupant broke the chairs, marred the dressers, and scratched up the TV? Good grief. What happened to respecting other peoples property.

Put your grill on the ground...not the owner's picnic tables!

No one wants to use the picnic table that the previous, inconsiderate camper, has charred to a crisp because they are too lazy to put their grill on the ground.

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 05:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok. This thread has crossed the maintenance threshold.

CLOSED

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Boycott “No Campfires”
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS