cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to prepare for winter

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Along with the winterizing folks are doing to trailers and motorhomes, dont forget the tow vehicles or you could end up like this.
FTR's

Do check under the hood periodically.
9 REPLIES 9

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Along with the winterizing folks are doing to trailers and motorhomes, dont forget the tow vehicles or you could end up like this.
FTR's

Do check under the hood periodically.

The squirrel lost all its hard work. :B

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I may be wrong but it looks like a two legged squirrel had something to do with that photo. :h

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Soon.....”de-winterize” the camper, and head to the mountains for 2 or 3 weeks of boondocking. Been waiting on this time of year since last December! 😉

The truck: chains -check, antifreeze- check, batteries - check, ect.,ect! 🙂 memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Fire up your gen too and then enclose it up when not in use.

I didn't and it cost me a mobile repair visit on the way down south.

Gen wouldn't fire up. This is what the service guy found inside my gen.
Came around the side of my MH and asked me if I was stocking up for a long winter!

Service guy pulled out all that corn on ground from every nook and cranny inside my generator. Mice didn't chew anything just used it as their corn storage unit for the winter.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Strange indeed.

I live in the mountains with hundreds of squirrels and never had any incident with them......mice yes.

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Time for Texas
Bill and Joey the dog

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
When I had the lube shop we used to find a couple of cars a week with a couple of nuts and a shredded air filter not this many though.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Squirrels in my neck of the woods store the complete nut , hulls and all . Thousands in my air conditioner on top of RV ,

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Squirrels remove the hull before storing the nut. Dumb squirrel or neighborhood prank?