Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Deceptive traffic citations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Deceptive traffic citations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/19 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

I believe there are speed traps. However, I also believe that many people complaining about getting caught in a speed trap, simply got caught speeding.

I have ZERO respect for the law and never will again.
I trust then that should the occasion arise that the intervention of law enforcement might work in your favor (say your house is being broken into or you are the victim of another type of crime) you will forego calling the crooked police and just suffer the consequences.

I had a theft. The police eventually took a report. I had a car stolen, they could have cared less. Years later I had a rental car stolen. They would not take a report. Budget would not file a stolen report because the rental was scheduled to last a few more days. The car was dropped a mile or two from where it was stolen. It was recovered but no one let us know and my wife had to fly from Salt Lake City to Portland, Or in order to recover her clothing.

The police seem good at traffic citations and calling for donations but that is about it.

Retired JSO

Northeast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/19 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All you nay sayers should walk the walk before you come on here and bash ALL; LEO’s based on another posters bad experience with a traffic case. The job was hours of boredom or report writing followed by seconds of terror. If you have a bad experience with a LEO, document with your local and state authorities. When you were running out, many of us rushed in. Next time you need help, come on one of these boards or your favorite social media forum and see how many of these jerks rush to help.
29 years Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/19 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well said.. Thank you Retired JSO for your sacrifices.

It's easy for people to ***** and moan about things from the comfort of their tidy little homes, and not have to put their selves in harms way day in and day out.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/19 11:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree. I have run into "problem" cops, but they are the minority of all the good ones I have dealt with. I don't envy them their job and I am grateful they choose to take it on.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/19 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retired JSO wrote:

All you nay sayers should walk the walk before you come on here and bash ALL; LEO’s based on another posters bad experience with a traffic case. The job was hours of boredom or report writing followed by seconds of terror. If you have a bad experience with a LEO, document with your local and state authorities. When you were running out, many of us rushed in. Next time you need help, come on one of these boards or your favorite social media forum and see how many of these jerks rush to help.
29 years Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

I don't "bash ALL; LEO’s based on another posters bad experience with a traffic case." I am very skeptical of all LEOs based on My experiences with more than a few encounters with "cops" that are too afraid to do their job. I'm facing 3 late teen boys holding tire irons, talking to 911 for a couple of minutes. The boys take off running when the 2 cars come in sight, and both stop when they get to me, don't drive the 100 yards, try to catch them. One pig is worried about my pickup parked half-way backed into my drive, where I stopped when I saw the boys jump off my pouch. Next day, talk to a neighbor, one of the cars had been parked for 5 min waiting for the 2nd. When I asked the chief about that, "WE can't have officers going in without backup?" I thought the guy with gun and body armor could of pulled down the street and been my backup...

Walaby wrote:

It's easy for people to ***** and moan about things from the comfort of their tidy little homes, and not have to put their selves in harms way day in and day out.

Mike

In harms way? This is IMHO, one of the major problems. Police have convinced themselves and everybody else that their job is super dangerous. But they don't want people to look at the statistics. Say mom is a nurse, dad is a beat cop. Working the same hours, which is more likely to get hurt on the job? And if the cop does get hurt, most likely it is because he crashed his car, not because the world was out to get him.

toedtoes wrote:

I agree. I have run into "problem" cops, but they are the minority of all the good ones I have dealt with. I don't envy them their job and I am grateful they choose to take it on.

If the "problem cops" are such a small minority, how come when a cop causes a problem all the others in the area cover for him?

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/19 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Mike

Isn't it great that the Jefferson Sheriffs Office is so great? No FBI investigation of corruption in the force, no convictions of police officers for corruption, no listing of major illegal speed traps with officers required to issue tickets based on quotas, less than a handful of complaints and legal actions for excessive use of force..... Oops it appears the JSO had all of these issues and more. It is sad but the JSO is probably cleaner than most police forces.

Retired JSO

Northeast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/19 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

Walaby wrote:

Mike

Isn't it great that the Jefferson Sheriffs Office is so great? No FBI investigation of corruption in the force, no convictions of police officers for corruption, no listing of major illegal speed traps with officers required to issue tickets based on quotas, less than a handful of complaints and legal actions for excessive use of force..... Oops it appears the JSO had all of these issues and more. It is sad but the JSO is probably cleaner than most police forces.

Not Jefferson but Jacksonville. A consolidated county-city government with almost a million residents and the largest city in the country by land area at 840 square miles. We too have had our problems over the years. I’m only saying, why does one come onto a group RV forum and bash all LEO’s based on a traffic experience and hide behind the cloak of the web.
Unless the moderator’s of this forum have also grouped all LEO’s in the same boat, this post should be closed.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/19 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retired JSO wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

Walaby wrote:

Mike

Not Jefferson but Jacksonville. A consolidated county-city government with almost a million residents and the largest city in the country by land area at 840 square miles. We too have had our problems over the years. I’m only saying, why does one come onto a group RV forum and bash all LEO’s based on a traffic experience and hide behind the cloak of the web.
Unless the moderator’s of this forum have also grouped all LEO’s in the same boat, this post should be closed.
Actually the guy gave several examples of issues he has had with LEO's so he isn't basing his bashing on just a traffic ticket. My experiences with LEO's have not been all the best either, but law enforcement appeals to certain types of people and some departments are better at weeding out the undesirable element better than others.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/19 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for the typo. The FBI investigation, a slew of corruption convictions, illegal quota speed traps and excessive force complaints and litigation all showed up for a quick Google search of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

My opinion is that it totally unacceptable to have these sorts of "problems". That would include the investigations, convictions, illegal quotas, and legal actions for excessive force. And as I said, sadly, it seems the JSO is one of the better police groups. Sadly. Yes, "weeding out" seems to be a major issue since it violates the brotherhood code of covering up. None of this should be even up for discussion. People walking around with authority and guns need to be held accountable for proper behavior.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/19 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^^And your idol is Colon Kapernick I guess...?

The Police have gotten a bad rap since the inception of mobile streaming devices... ALL eyes on them, makes making an important decision that much harder.

I would NEVER want to be a LEO in this era... #RESPECT

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Deceptive traffic citations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS