cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tail wagging the dog?

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Just want to get your take on this set up. 35' TT w/max GVW of 7500 being towed by a several year old Tahoe.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
8 REPLIES 8

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
The question is not can you, but should you...
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

jerem0621
Explorer
Explorer
I see it all the time. Mostly in the slow lane doing about 55-60. Spending 30-45k miles commuting per year on interstates, I see a lot of different rigs.

Tahoe's and Subs and Expeditions tow those things all the time. Set them up right and there is not much tail wagging going on. 7,700 GVWR isn't much weight. I pulled mine (7,700with a 97 F150 and would do it again today if I still had that truck. The length can be an issue but it can be handled nicely with a well set hitch, tires, and common sense.

I do see my fair share of HD trucks pulling fivers at 80 plus MPH. They get along just find too.

I just mind my own business and treat them all the same. I give them all a wide berth.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
Is your F350 broke?

No. It's my B-I-L. Last I knew he had this vehicle. Haven't seen/spoken to him in sometime, but DW still talks to him every so often. She just talked to him the other nite as we noticed a RV at a relative's house and figured it was his (it was) as she was going to ask him to see if he wanted to join us on a trip possibly. Apparently it was just picked up and all winterized and doesn't have much in way of extras, so he declined the invite. So unless he got a different TV---that's what he's towing it with.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
nope

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If moving the camper from one side of the driveway to the other, you might be OK. More than that, well ....???

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
If you have to ask...............

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is your F350 broke?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
Just want to get your take on this set up. 35' TT w/max GVW of 7500 being towed by a several year old Tahoe.

No Way!
I owned a 2007 Avalanche, which is a Suburban with a truck bed.
It has a longer wheelbase than the sister Tahoe. I would NEVER tow that long of trailer with my Avalanche, let alone the shorter wheelbase Tahoe.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes