Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: ST Tires ???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> ST Tires ???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 09:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really don't care who the tire mfg is, if you use the RV like I do, which is occasionally, the sidewalls will weaken from siting in 1 spot too long. That tire will let go at some point if not replaced every 5 years OR SO.....

Sailun, GY, Michelin, If the trailer sits more that it rolls that's a problem

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Michelle.S wrote:

I might well be the one mentioned a few post back about a blown G-114, it was actually 4 1/2 years old with approx 40K miles on it. Were doing 65 on the Ohio Turnpike, all tires running within a couple of degrees of each other and also within a couple of pounds. Just suddenly "Boom" a pieces of rubber flying. Only took out the plastic fender skirt which I got replaced for free at the Rally we were headed to. Tire was sent to GY, who upon checking sent a check for a replacement. Mean time we installed all new Sailun H rated tires and new wheels.

Another happy ending with a GY tire. And YES the Sailun has issues also.

I am sure there are issues with the Sailuns, but have yet to read of one blowing out. I am victim to a road hazard it does happen , but the Sailun tire DID NOT explode like some of these Goodyears .

This post above by Michelle S is one of the Montana reports I read that I posted on here, that you told the forum here there were none on that forum, "nice" !!! That one is not the only one, there have been several on the Montana forum, as well as the ones we have read here .

Your insistence on Goodyear is fine, but these reports plus many others tell a different story. And another thing ,now its supposedly , Sailun is building two plants in the US.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 10:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

If you're perfectly honest with yourself you have to realize that there are more issues with the Goodyear tires than with the Sailun. I rarely read any motorhome forums, but I have glanced at a couple that were talking about blowouts with their Goodyear tires.

And, while Goodyear had some definite issues several years ago, there are still occasional reports of 614 failures. OTOH I've read about 1 Sailun failure that I can recall.

Without knowing the number of Goodyear's sold vs the number of Sailun's sold, and comparative mileage of each, there's no way to accurately compare the reliability of each. However the number of complaints about problems with the Goodyear vs the Sailun weigh in favor of the Sailun.

Until you know how many of each are sold each year you have no idea the FACTS. I'm betting GY sells more.

I have never said GY is better or worse.

I have never said Sailun was a POS like some do about GY without having ever owned one. Or better yet some that have had ZERO issues with their OE GY "G" or "H" and went to Sailun simply for a better price not giving a **** if they are supporting a Communist Country.

Yep I have an iPhone made in China and if what they say is true my next one may be US Made.

CapriRacer states about as accurate info as possible on the ENDURANCE and it's not good enough for some.

I have stated I had ONE tire issue with GY over the MANY thousands of miles I have towed with several trailers, they took care of me. I support US Made where I can.

Not sure why you are bringing up MotorHomes??? We are talking trailer tires.

Since you did I use Michelins on my Tow Vehicles. Why not GY? I simply have not given them a try.

Sorry I am sticking with my I phone X . [emoticon] I would check the labels on your clothes , shoes etc.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

9 pages of opinions and MANY off topic and flaming remarks that needed either editing or deleting. Time to close this one. It went longer than most tire threads! [emoticon]
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
2019 Ram Limited 1500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, SB
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> ST Tires ???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS