Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: ST Tires ???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> ST Tires ???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[email protected] wrote:

Look on the side of sailun tires and see where they are mfg. Why everyone looks over this in these discussions beats me.

Then when they are manufactured in the US ,then what will the discussion be. Lets not forget where out Ram trucks are made, and who gets paid to manufacture them. Kind of a meaningless discussion really , products we buy are made all over the world, then all of a sudden we start making it about where TIRES are made [emoticon]

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 05:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Besides all the p ! $$ i n g back and forth, there is one true fact. That is that GY does more to warranty tires than anyone else who makes tires that go on trailers.

This is my Endurance that picked up a bolt. GY paid 1/2 the cost of the replacement as a good will gesture.

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 10/08/19 05:19pm by Me Again *

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That looks like one of the Bolts that goes up through the Slide Out Frame into the Silde Side Wall.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

Besides all the p ! $$ i n g back and forth, there is one true fact. That is that GY does more to warranty tires than anyone else who makes tires that go on trailers.

This is my Endurance that picked up a bolt. GY paid 1/2 the cost of the replacement as a good will gesture.

[image]

[image]

Thats the good part when one of those G614 blows out . It’s ugly what they do in damage.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

That looks like one of the Bolts that goes up through the Slide Out Frame into the Silde Side Wall.

It showed signs of having been on the road awhile. Similar to a lot of bolts on my RAM truck, however none missing. Chris

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Thats the good part when one of those G614 blows out . It’s ugly what they do in damage.

Do you know another tire manufacturer that will pay for the trailer damage or ones insurance deductible?

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 06:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I might well be the one mentioned a few post back about a blown G-114, it was actually 4 1/2 years old with approx 40K miles on it. Were doing 65 on the Ohio Turnpike, all tires running within a couple of degrees of each other and also within a couple of pounds. Just suddenly "Boom" a pieces of rubber flying. Only took out the plastic fender skirt which I got replaced for free at the Rally we were headed to. Tire was sent to GY, who upon checking sent a check for a replacement. Mean time we installed all new Sailun H rated tires and new wheels.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

[image]

[image]

PICKED UP A BOLT ! Holy cow, thats a stake with threads ! ![emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

back in 2012, I lost 2 614's on 1 trip from PA to Florida with ZERO damage...

1st was around Baltimore, ran over a piece of something.... I saw it, but couldn't get moved in time. I did not send to GY, t was my fault.

2nd was around 10:30 at night, wife heard something, I told her she was crazy.. we pulled into a Cracker Barrel, sure enough the passenger rear was still aired to 80# but had no tread... No damage to either, GY paid for that replacement in full..

NOBODY will warrant their tires like GY... NOBODY

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Do you know another tire manufacturer that will pay for the trailer damage or ones insurance deductible?

To be honest I have always bought quality tires, and have never had an issue, where there was any damage done . But to answer your question ,no I do not. Nor do I care.

I have $50 deductible, tell me why I should buy a tire with the reputation of the G614 at nearly twice the price of a Sailun , so they will cover trailer damage .

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> ST Tires ???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS