Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: ST Tires ???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> ST Tires ???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Absolutely a fact, but, in truth, a pretty meaningless fact without data to say how many miles have been put on those thousands of tires.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I am an LT believer, the Endurance that Arctic Fox is putting on their new trailers have almost converted me. Every time we go out we are on gravel, and have had no issues at all, and I pay close attention to my tires.

Now that it has been mentioned, I have not seen one post on the Arctic Fox forums about tire issues. They do have a reputation for building heavy trailers.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I guess FACTS don't matter!

Only experience really counts. Any fly by night professionals can make up their facts based on a VERY SHORT time span. As I say. In a few years we will have a good knowledge / sampling of how good or bad they are. But not in so short a production run. ANY china bomb will last 2 years, and we know how good they are.

and they are GoodYears. that is a strike against them to start with.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 06:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

He used statistics. Thousands of tires sold and not one non roadhazard claim. That is a fact.

so thousands of NEW tires haven't failed. I would hope not.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That’s fine you guys keep on supporting the Chinese.

Zero issues. Guess that ain’t good enough for some.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

[email protected]

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 04:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look on the side of sailun tires and see where they are mfg. Why everyone looks over this in these discussions beats me.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 05:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[email protected] wrote:

Look on the side of sailun tires and see where they are mfg. Why everyone looks over this in these discussions beats me.

YUP!!! WHA, WHA my job is gone!!!

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 05:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Meaningless reply as the Sailun S637 16" load G are top shelf right now. They've been on the market for over 10 years and have that long term service record that the Endurance may hve some years down the road.
The 16'/17.5" Sailuns got there start in the service trailer industry. Later rv owners looking for a better load G and load H tire that would stay together long term started using them.
The Sailuns have that earned years and miles of trouble free service over on the commercial side unlike the Endurance that simply hasn't been there yet.

JMO but when Endurance owners around the trailering world , report 3-5 years of actual use and 30k-40k miles of trouble free then a statement can be made what type of service they can give.
Just being on the market for 2 years and X months is not a indicator how they will do long term.

I've said before...the Endurance may have that long term service record from around the trailering world (rv and non rv).

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 05:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[email protected] wrote:

I am not sure of the standard, but the manufacturer is holding the same standard as the US tire manufacturers..

I may be 100% wrong, but am almost certain I read that somewhere ( other than here) .. they are held to a higher standard...

I don;t own them as I am happy with my USA-GY's

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 09:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So how many “G” and “H” tires are sold by Sailun and GY per year? How many non road hazard failures?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> ST Tires ???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS