Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: When giving restaurant (or other venues) suggestions
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> When giving restaurant (or other venues) suggestions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ghooos

yeaop

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/20 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we are looking for a refrigerator for the restaurant with a large kitchen. we need the case to consist of sandwich panels (This is a layer of heat-insulating material, polyurethane foam between two sheets of metal) since the energy efficiency of the camera directly depends on its thickness. can they https://ianboer.com.au/commercial-refrigeration/ help me?? who bought it there?

* This post was edited 02/23/20 08:49am by ghooos *

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/20 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On here we share opinions about equipment from hitches to suspension upgrades to anything RV related so why not restaurants too? Some people let their emotions do the writing at times and some give objective opinions...but the word here is OPINION. I like to read what others have to say about a place but I don't put too much weight on any of it. Trip Advisor is a good place to refer to also and I do but again I do not base any decision solely on any posters opinion. If I go and its garbage then thats my fault for believing a certain post or not.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/20 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I write a lot of Amazon reviews. I've been a top ranked reviewer for years (at one time in the Top 100 out of 80M+ reviewers).

It feels kind of narcissistic, but I begin a lot of my reviews with a little info about myself in a way that pertains to the thing that I'm reviewing. I do this to add some context to my opinion and I also do it to give the reader a chance to decide whether they should identify with me or not. When I review an item "as a father of three adult kids", then readers can either tell themselves "I'm a middle-aged dad too" and assume that I'll have a viewpoint similar to theirs or "I don't have kids and never liked kids" so they can filter my opinion through their own point of view. The point isn't for them to agree with me, but figure out how to apply the opinion of a complete stranger and decide whether they should go along with me or do the complete opposite. Either viewpoint is OK.

Being a dad is just one example. If I'm reviewing an RV product, I'll mention my years of experience with RVs so they can decide whether their POV as an experienced RVer or complete beginner makes more sense. Same with homeowner vs. renter, suburbanite, etc.

I figure that this context gives the reader the info that they need to figure out how to interpret my opinion.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> When giving restaurant (or other venues) suggestions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.