cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram overtakes GM

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Am surprised that the Ram guys are not thumping their chests (and rightfully so IMO) on overtaking GM for 2nd place in truck sales. Honestly, I like the front end of them and think this is their best looking one yet. Plus, we as consumers like to see what the mfr's do to outdo each other. But anyways, congrats to the Ram guys.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
66 REPLIES 66

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Again Chrysler engineers gets tossed under the bus for the car design that Marchionne approved.

What does that have to do with FCA US LLC being allowed to call the shots on profitable products and brands. The 200 was not profitable and not well liked by consumers so maybe Chrysler engineers and designers should be thrown under the bus and held to higher standards for creating it. The outside design is okay, but the interior is ****.

You know precisely my point... Also that LLC suffix is another specific label for another day.

No, I don't because it appears to be a double standard and bias.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Again Chrysler engineers gets tossed under the bus for the car design that Marchionne approved.

What does that have to do with FCA US LLC being allowed to call the shots on profitable products and brands. The 200 was not profitable and not well liked by consumers so maybe Chrysler engineers and designers should be thrown under the bus and held to higher standards for creating it. The outside design is okay, but the interior is ****.

You know precisely my point... Also that LLC suffix is another specific label for another day.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
burningman wrote:
I’ll just say that not buying a 1998 Dodge Cummins because it was assembled in Mexico was a big mistake, that ended up being one of the best pickup trucks of all time

I have owned two 98 12V’s USMade. Both have over 400k.

It was a 1500 Off Road Package with a 360 engine. A lot of assumptions being made here.

Wasn’t assuming a darn thing. Gust stating what I have owned.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Don’t waste your time as I’m sure it’s a fairy tale. Also I’m sure that any US based Chrysler management gets any credit is when someone across the pond needs to cast blame for something that went wrong.

Are you saying it is fairy tale based on first hand knowledge, an article you read of someone with first hand knowledge, or is it just subjective and biased opinion? If the later, then I will stick with the first hand knowledge information.

I’m saying Marchionne threw Chrysler engineers under the bus for the failure of the important Chrysler 200 that we all know he approved to go into production.

All makes made an about face ending or putting an end date on many(if not all) of their sedans and small cars in the past few years due to low sales, including Ford. As I said before, the only time FCA group steps in is when a product or brand is not profitable. Aside from that FCA US LLC(aka the Chrysler side of FCA Group) is calling the shots on their US products especially the ones that are profitable. This is from an FCA exec and not from someones opinion or what they believe is true.

Here's a quote from Marchionne:

Marchionne said part of the problem was that Chrysler designers "copied" the entry point to the rear seat from an unnamed Hyundai model which is likely the previous generation Sonata. The executive went on to say the designers where "dummies" and "some people from design left some of their private parts on the table after we came up with that determination."

Link

And again, they 200 was loosing profitability just like most other cars. Hence the reason why FCA Group stepped in which goes a long with what the FCA exec said that FCA US calls the shots unless the product or brand loses profitability.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Don’t waste your time as I’m sure it’s a fairy tale. Also I’m sure that any US based Chrysler management gets any credit is when someone across the pond needs to cast blame for something that went wrong.

Are you saying it is fairy tale based on first hand knowledge, an article you read of someone with first hand knowledge, or is it just subjective and biased opinion? If the later, then I will stick with the first hand knowledge information.

I’m saying Marchionne threw Chrysler engineers under the bus for the failure of the important Chrysler 200 that we all know he approved to go into production.

All makes made an about face ending or putting an end date on many(if not all) of their sedans and small cars in the past few years due to low sales, including Ford. As I said before, the only time FCA group steps in is when a product or brand is not profitable. Aside from that FCA US LLC(aka the Chrysler side of FCA Group) is calling the shots on their US products especially the ones that are profitable. This is from an FCA exec and not from someones opinion or what they believe is true.

Marchionne said part of the problem was that Chrysler designers "copied" the entry point to the rear seat from an unnamed Hyundai model which is likely the previous generation Sonata. The executive went on to say the designers where "dummies" and "some people from design left some of their private parts on the table after we came up with that determination."

Link

And again, they 200 was loosing profitability just like most other cars. Hence the reason why FCA Group stepped in which goes a long with what the FCA exec said that FCA US calls the shots unless the product or brand loses profitability.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
burningman wrote:
I’ll just say that not buying a 1998 Dodge Cummins because it was assembled in Mexico was a big mistake, that ended up being one of the best pickup trucks of all time

We all make choices... I sleep well at night.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
burningman wrote:

It was a 1500 Off Road Package with a 360 engine. A lot of assumptions being made here.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Link

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
burningman wrote:

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Bert Ackerman wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:
Charlie D. wrote:
Forum issues prevent me from seeing the first page but I found this.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/10/gm-truck-sales-outpace-ford-and-ram-in-q3-2019/

Finally a FAIR way for deciding truck sales.

But, but but, bbbb - bbbbbbbbbbut that's not fair. Two different brands.

Does it even matter since the thread has degenerated into tires, rust and IL winters, Mexico and Italy, and somehow even Ford is in the mix. Great entertainment though LOL.
They are built on the same production line. You can have a Chevy, a GMC etc. in any order come down the line. GMC is really just another trim level anymore.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
burningman wrote:

In the past he claimed that it was a 2012 Ram that he wanted until he saw the light of where it was built.

If anyone believes that The Troller ever considers anything but a Ford vehicle, I’ve got some land I’d like to sell them.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.