cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wiring LED light strip on rear of 5th wheel

pigpen1003
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how to install LED light strip on the rear of my 5th wheel? It would be great! to be seen better from behind. I do have the usual brake,signals, and backup lights now. I just don't have a clue how to install a five wire connection from the trailer to the strip
6 REPLIES 6

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good point, Dave.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Check your vehicle code first, lots of States outlaw the under body LED lights specifically in certain colors. I have added them to both my truck and boat trailer. On the truck, I plugged them into the 4 pin plug and the running lights on my boat trailer.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Happy to help.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pigpen1003
Explorer
Explorer
thank you Wadcutter

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased tail light strips from eTraiker. Three wire connection to current tail lights. Switched those bulbs to LED. Very easy. (Picture taken in full sunlight)

Wadcutter
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've run a strip on the rear of all my trailers. Simple to do. Just tap into the current tail lights, brake lights, turn signals on the trailer. I just mounted all my lights below the trailer, ran the wiring thru the body panel to the existing lights.
Each trailer was a bit different. Some involved drilling thru the underneath side, some I could fish between the panel and the body, it all depending on the trailer. Simple installation but if you have to ask then probably should leave it to someone who knows how to do trailer wiring. To tell someone on the internet forum exactly how to do it isn't practical. Each make/model is different. Just have to look at where the current lighting is at and figure how to run a wire to those fixtures.
Camped in every state