cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3d printed box for Amdro Liquid Ant bait - prevent spills

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
I like the small liquid ant bait containers from Amdro, as they do the job, but the problem is they are so easy to spill.

I created a little (near) spill proof container that had magnets to prevent it from falling off a shelf or countertop. If any spills out of the Amdro packaging, it is held inside the box - but there is no restrictions for the ants entering the box.

If you have a 3d printer you can make this yourself. See here.
One beautiful wife
Mattie and Trooper the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 with 2008 Lance 1181
2015 Jeep Wrangler toad w/ ReadyBrake/Brute
Web Site
6 REPLIES 6

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
That's a cool idea! Thanks for sharing.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the info Robert !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
Very cool, we had one spill not to long ago ... now I have a question. I do not have a 3d printer and see many for sale on craigslist for pretty reasonable prices.... anything I should look out for, either positive of negative ?

I have several at work, and a couple at home. Not long ago, $2500 got you a decent printer. Now for a fraction of that, you can get a BETTER printer!

Two of the most popular ones are the Creality CR-10S filament type printer, and the Elegoo Mars resin type printer. I own both, each have their pros/cons.

For general use, it's really hard to beat the CR-10S. It can make things up to roughly 12"x12"x16". Runs about $459 new with warranty.
https://amzn.to/2nYjs64

The Elegoo Mars resin printer is ideal for smaller projects, and is currently $289.
https://amzn.to/2mpqosk

The build volume is much smaller, but can make much more detailed items. I wouldn't recommend this as a "general use" type 3D printer. But if you get into craft/hobby type projects, this one really shines. I'm making scale items for my RC hobby.

Here are a few things I've designed for RV:

Magnetic Utility Hatch

Tactical Flashlight Wall Mount

RV 12V Outlet Receptacle Housing

Engel Fridge Digital Temperature Controller

There are many forums, Facebook groups, YouTube videos, etc., all dedicated to these printers.

"I" wouldn't buy a used one. A new one comes with a warranty, and support from the manufacturer. I'm experienced enough at this point to troubleshoot/repair/rebuild 3D printers, but I have several years experience using these, and work as an aerospace eng tech. Getting a used one from a questionable source, without some background knowledge, can lead to a lot of frustration!

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me, or contact me at robert@2manytoyz.com
Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
portscanner wrote:
I like the small liquid ant bait containers from Amdro, as they do the job, but the problem is they are so easy to spill.

I created a little (near) spill proof container that had magnets to prevent it from falling off a shelf or countertop. If any spills out of the Amdro packaging, it is held inside the box - but there is no restrictions for the ants entering the box.

If you have a 3d printer you can make this yourself. See here.

Very nice, thanks. I've added it to my list of things to print!
Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very cool, we had one spill not to long ago ... now I have a question. I do not have a 3d printer and see many for sale on craigslist for pretty reasonable prices.... anything I should look out for, either positive of negative ?
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Very clever!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad