cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Campground Question

arkie_camper
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not really sure where to post this, so I'll start here. My question is about propane availability in campgrounds. A new RV park is being developed locally and they are installing propane connections at each site. I understand the pros and cons but I've never seen this before. Has anyone run across propane access like this?
Mark and Dianna
along with Hank the Wonderdog
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2016 CC Silverback 33IK
12 REPLIES 12

arkie_camper
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't see any connections as the park isn't built yet. I saw the architect's drawing submitted to the city for construction and it plainly showed a "propane" labeled line throughout the park with "stub out's" at each site. It could very well be for grills, but I don't know. As soon as I can ask the architect, I will. I was just curious. Thanks for the comments.
Mark and Dianna
along with Hank the Wonderdog
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
2016 CC Silverback 33IK

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Just what did you see that led you to believe it is a propane connection? What does a propane connection at a site look like?

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure it is propane, not natural gas? Are you sure it is even an RV park and not a mobile home community? Either way, the logical assumption would be metered gas service. Meters would not be set until construction is complete. In the case of an RV park, the likely end user would be park models.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
So far never seen that up here in our highly regulated northeast, add hard winters as another possible reason. Makes sense about park models.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
One other possibility, Is this area one where wood fires are frowned upon? Maybe they are looking at rental propane fire pits.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
arkie_camper wrote:
I'm not really sure where to post this, so I'll start here. My question is about propane availability in campgrounds. A new RV park is being developed locally and they are installing propane connections at each site. I understand the pros and cons but I've never seen this before. Has anyone run across propane access like this?
Maybe avoid all the speculation and just stop in and ask - as a future, curious customer.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Long term leases are the goal it appears here.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Very likely I see he is from AZ. The RV parks setup for the park models & rent the unsold lots for transient RV's.
AR = Arkansas (not Arizona)
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Maybe they are setting up for park models. I don't know enough about them to say if that makes sense. But no normal RV is set up to accept piped in gas. And that is usually Natural Gas not propane.

Very likely I see he is from AZ. The RV parks setup for the park models & rent the unsold lots for transient RV's.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I stayed at a campground that had propane piped to the sites, connected to a grill that was a permanent part of the site.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe they are setting up for park models. I don't know enough about them to say if that makes sense. But no normal RV is set up to accept piped in gas. And that is usually Natural Gas not propane.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I have not seen or heard of campsite propane.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad